- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pathology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 710318, 4 pages
Postmastectomy-Postirradiation Atypical Vascular Lesion of the Skin: Report of 2 Cases
Department of Pathology, Government Medical College, Kerala, Thrissur 680596, India
Received 29 July 2012; Accepted 20 August 2012
Academic Editors: M. Marino and P. Tosi
Copyright © 2012 P. S. Jayalakshmy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Brenn and C. D. M. Fletcher, “Postradiation vascular proliferations: an increasing problem,” Histopathology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 106–114, 2006.
- T. Brenn and C. D. M. Fletcher, “Radiation-associated cutaneous atypical vascular lesions and angiosarcoma: clinicopothologic analysis of 42 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 983–996, 2005.
- Rosen and P. Peter, Sarcoma: in Rosen's Breast Pathology, vol. 13, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 3rd edition, 2009.
- S. Fineberg and P. P. Rosen, “Cutaneous angiosarcoma and atypical vascular lesions of the skin and breast after radiation therapy for breast carcinoma,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 757–763, 1994.
- K. T. Patton, A. T. Deyrup, and S. W. Weiss, “Atypical vascular lesions after surgery and radiation of the breast: a clinicopathologic study of 32 cases analyzing histologic heterogeneity and association with angiosarcoma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 943–950, 2008.
- J. Mandrell, S. Mehta, and S. McClure, “Atypical vascular lesion of the breast,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 337–340, 2010.
- E. Styring, J. Fernebro, P. E. Jönsson et al., “Changing clinical presentation of angiosarcomas after breast cancer: from late tumors in edematous arms to earlier tumors on the thoracic wall,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 122, no. 3, pp. 883–887, 2010.
- T. Mentzel, H. U. Schildhaus, G. Palmedo, et al., “Postradiation cutaneous angiosarcoma after treatment of breast carcinoma is characterized by MYC amplification in contrast to atypical vascular lesions after radiotherapy and control cases: clinicopathological, immunohistochemical and molecular analysis of 66 cases,” Modern Pathology, vol. 25, pp. 75–85, 2012.