- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pathology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 581856, 6 pages
Mantle Cell Lymphoma and Involvement of the Orbit and Ocular Adnexa
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, 4400 V Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Received 21 February 2013; Accepted 20 March 2013
Academic Editors: H. Kuwabara, A. Mima, and A. N. Walker
Copyright © 2013 Elham Vali Khojeini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. E. Coupland, L. Krause, H. J. Delecluse et al., “Lymphoproliferative lesions of the ocular adnexa: analysis of 112 cases,” Ophthalmology, vol. 105, no. 8, pp. 1430–1441, 1998.
- J. A. Ferry, C. Y. Fung, L. Zukerberg et al., “Lymphoma of the ocular adnexa: a study of 353 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 170–184, 2007.
- D. B. Rootman, I. Mavrikakis, J. M. Connors, and J. Rootman, “Primary, unilateral ocular adnexal lymphoma: disease progression and long-term survival,” Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 405–409, 2011.
- M. Nola, A. Lukenda, M. Bollmann, M. Kalauz, M. Petrovečki, and R. Bollmann, “Outcome and prognostic factors in ocular adnexal lymphoma,” Croatian Medical Journal, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 328–332, 2004.
- S. Seregard and E. Milton Boniuk, “Ocular Adnexal Lymphomas Five Case Presentations”.
- A. Looi, R. D. Gascoyne, M. Chhanabhai, J. M. Connors, J. Rootman, and V. A. White, “Mantle cell lymphoma in the ocular adnexal region,” Ophthalmology, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 114–119, 2005.
- P. Rasmussen, L. D. Sjö, J. U. Prause, E. Ralfkiaer, and S. Heegaard, “Mantle cell lymphoma in the orbital and adnexal region,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 1047–1051, 2009.
- J. M. Vose, “Mantle cell lymphoma: 2012 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification, and clinical management,” American Journal of Hematology, vol. 87, pp. 604–609, 2012.
- S. H. Swerdlow, E. Campo, M. Seto, and H. K. Muller-Hermelink, “Mantle cell lymphoma,” in WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues, S. H. Swerdlow, E. Campo, N. L. Harris, et al., Eds., pp. 229–232, IARC, Lyon, France, 4th edition, 2008.
- B. Sander, “Mantle cell lymphoma: recent insights into pathogenesis, clinical variability, and new diagnostic markers,” Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 245–255, 2011.
- C. Hon, R. T. T. Chan, E. S. K. Ma, T. W. Shek, K. Yau, and W. Y. Au, “Lymphomatous proptosis as a novel feature of mantle cell lymphoma,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 2006.
- J. Y. Li, F. Gaillard, A. Moreau et al., “Detection of translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) in mantle cell lymphoma by fluorescence in situ hybridization,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 154, no. 5, pp. 1449–1452, 1999.
- F. Rubio-Moscardo, J. Climent, R. Siebert et al., “Mantle-cell lymphoma genotypes identified with CGH to BAC microarrays define a leukemic subgroup of disease and predict patient outcome,” Blood, vol. 105, no. 11, pp. 4445–4454, 2005.
- S. Beà, M. Ribas, J. M. Hernández et al., “Increased number of chromosomal imbalances and high-level DNA amplifications in mantle cell lymphoma are associated with blastoid variants,” Blood, vol. 93, no. 12, pp. 4365–4374, 1999.
- A. Cuneo, R. Bigoni, G. M. Rigolin et al., “Cytogenetic profile of lymphoma of follicle mantle lineage: correlation with clinicobiologic features,” Blood, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 1372–1380, 1999.
- S. B. Yoo, Y. A. Kim, Y. K. Jeon, and C. W. Kim, “CD5-undetected by immunohistochemistry, t(11;14)(q13;q32)-positive conjunctival mantle cell lymphoma: a case report,” Pathology Research and Practice, vol. 204, no. 10, pp. 779–783, 2008.
- E. Campo, R. Miquel, L. Krenacs, L. Sorbara, M. Raffeld, and E. S. Jaffe, “Primary nodal marginal zone lymphomas of splenic and MALT type,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 59–68, 1999.
- F. A. Jakobiec, “Ocular adnexal lymphoid tumors: progress in need of clarification,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 145, no. 6, pp. 941–950, 2008.
- K. Tasaki, A. Shichishima, M. Furuta, S. Yoshida, N. Nakamura, and M. Abe, “CD5-positive mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma of ocular adnexal origin: usefulness of fluorescence in situ hybridization for distinction between mantle cell lymphoma and MALT lymphoma,” Pathology International, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 101–107, 2007.
- K. Fu, D. D. Weisenburger, T. C. Greiner et al., “Cyclin D1-negative mantle cell lymphoma: a clinicopathologic study based on gene expression profiling,” Blood, vol. 106, no. 13, pp. 4315–4321, 2005.
- A. Rosenwald, G. Wright, A. Wiestner et al., “The proliferation gene expression signature is a quantitative integrator of oncogenic events that predicts survival in mantle cell lymphoma,” Cancer Cell, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 185–197, 2003.
- S. Gesk, W. Klapper, J. I. Martín-Subero et al., “A chromosomal translocation in cyclin D1-negative/cyclin D2-positive mantle cell lymphoma fuses the CCND2 gene to the IGK locus,” Blood, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 1109–1110, 2006.
- A. Mozos, C. Royo, E. Hartmann, et al., “SOX11 expression is highly specific for mantle cell lymphoma and identifies the cyclin D1-negative subtype,” Haematologica, pp. 1555–1562, 2009.
- E. Hatef, D. Roberts, P. McLaughlin, B. Pro, and B. Esmaeli, “Prevalence and nature of systemic involvement and stage at initial examination in patients with orbital and ocular adnexal lymphoma,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 125, no. 12, pp. 1663–1667, 2007.