- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 386104, 4 pages
Pott’s Puffy Tumor: An Uncommon Clinical Entity
1Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, P.O. Box 19638, Springfield, IL 62794-9638, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794-9638, USA
Received 10 July 2012; Accepted 17 September 2012
Academic Editors: B. Dündar, D. Fischer, and P. Papoff
Copyright © 2012 Phillip T. Suwan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Durur-Subasi, M. Kantarci, A. Karakaya, Z. Orbak, H. Ogul, and H. Alp, “Pott's puffy tumor: multidetector computed tomography findings,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1697–1699, 2008.
- M. A. Khan, “Pott's puffy tumor: a rare complication of mastoiditis,” Pediatric Neurosurgery, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 125–128, 2006.
- P. Pott, The Chirurgical Works of Percival Pott, F.R.S., vol. 1, Woods and Innes, London, UK, 1808.
- S. E. Forgie and T. J. Marrie, “Pott's Puffy tumor,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 121, no. 12, pp. 1041–1042, 2008.
- R. W. Steele and K. J. Ward, “A “Hickey”,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 657–660, 2003.
- V. Raja, C. Low, A. Sastry, and B. Moriarty, “Pott's puffy tumor following an insect bite,” Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 114–116, 2007.
- C. T. Wu, J. L. Huang, S. H. Hsia, H. Y. Lee, and J. J. Lin, “Pott's puffy tumor after acupuncture therapy,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 168, no. 9, pp. 1147–1149, 2009.
- S. C. Blackman and M. R. Schleiss, “Forehead swelling caused by Pott's puffy tumor in a 9-year-old boy with sinusitis,” Pediatrics International, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 704–707, 2005.
- S. Daya and S. S. To, “A “silent” intracranial complication of frontal sinusitis,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 645–647, 1990.
- E. Huijssoon, P. A. Woerdeman, R. A. A. M. Van Diemen-Steenvoorde, P. W. Hanlo, and F. B. Plötz, “An 8-year-old boy with a Pott's puffy tumor,” International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, vol. 67, no. 9, pp. 1023–1026, 2003.
- G. J. Martinez-Diaz and R. Hsia, “Pott's Puffy tumor after minor head trauma,” American Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 739.e3–739.e3, 2008.
- R. P. Babu, R. Todor, and S. S. Kasoff, “Pott's puffy tumor: the forgotten entity,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 110–112, 1996.
- A. Guillén, M. Brell, E. Cardona, E. Claramunt, and J. M. Costa, “Pott's puffy tumour: still not an eradicated entity,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 359–362, 2001.
- A. A. Maheshwar, D. A. Harris, N. Al-Mokhthar, and R. A. Evans, “Pott's puffy tumour: an unusual presentation and management,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 115, no. 6, pp. 497–499, 2001.