- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 824284, 6 pages
Vein of Galen Aneurysmal Malformations: An Ultrasonographic Incidental Finding—A Case Report
1Department of Pediatrics, Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
2Service de Neuroradiologie Diagnostique et Thérapeutique, Hôpital Foch, Suresnes, France
3Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology, International Neuroscience Institute, Hannover, Germany
Received 20 September 2012; Accepted 7 October 2012
Academic Editors: N.-C. Chiu and S. Tay
Copyright © 2012 S. Stephan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. E. Dandy, “Experimental hydrocephalus,” Annals Surgery, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 129–142, 1919.
- C. A. Raybaud, C. M. Strother, and J. K. Hald, “Aneurysms of the vein of Galen: embryonic considerations and anatomical features relating to the pathogenesis of the malformation,” Neuroradiology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 109–128, 1989.
- G. R. Cumming, “Circulation in neonates with intracranial arteriovenous fistula and cardiac failure,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1019–1024, 1980.
- A. K. Gupta, V. R. K. Rao, D. R. Varma et al., “Evaluation, management, and long-term follow up of vein of Galen malformations,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 26–33, 2006.
- D. Khullar, A. M. I. Andeejani, and K. R. Bulsara, “Evolution of treatment options for vein of Galen malformations: a review,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 444–451, 2010.
- P. L. Lasjaunias, S. M. Chng, M. Sachet, H. Alvarez, G. Rodesch, and R. Garcia-Monaco, “The management of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations,” Neurosurgery, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. S184–S194, 2006.
- M. Pearl, J. Gomez, L. Gregg, and P. Gailloud, “Endovascular management of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations. Influence of the normal venous drainage on the choice of a treatment strategy,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1367–1379, 2010.
- V. V. Halbach, C. F. Dowd, R. T. Higashida, P. A. Balousek, S. F. Ciricillo, and M. S. B. Edwards, “Endovascular treatment of mural-type vein of Galen malformations,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 74–80, 1998.
- P. Lasjaunias, R. Garcia-Monaco, G. Rodesch et al., “Vein of Galen malformation. Endovascular management of 43 cases,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 360–367, 1991.
- G. Beucher, C. Fossey, F. Belloy, B. Richter, M. Herlicoviez, and M. Dreyfus, “Antenatal diagnosis and management of vein of Galen aneurysm: review illustrated by a case report,” Journal de Gynecologie Obstetrique et Biologie de la Reproduction, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 613–619, 2005.
- P. J. Mitchell, J. V. Rosenfeld, P. Dargaville et al., “Endovascular management of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations presenting in the neonatal period,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1403–1409, 2001.
- H. Alvarez, R. G. Monaco, G. Rodesch, M. Sachet, T. Krings, and P. Lasjaunias, “Vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations,” Neuroimaging Clinics of North America, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 189–206, 2007.
- I. H. Johnston, I. R. Whittle, M. Besser, and M. K. Morgan, “Vein of Galen malformation: diagnosis and management,” Neurosurgery, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 747–758, 1987.
- N. McSweeney, S. Brew, S. Bhate, T. Cox, D. J. Roebuck, and V. Ganesan, “Management and outcome of vein of Galen malformation,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 95, no. 11, pp. 903–909, 2010.
- A. Foran, V. Donohue, P. McParland et al., “Vein of Galen aneurysm malformation (VGAM): closing the management loop,” Irish Medical Journal, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 8–10, 2004.
- G. P. Frawley, P. A. Dargaville, P. J. Mitchell, B. M. Tress, and P. Loughnan, “Clinical course and medical management of neonates with severe cardiac failure related to vein of Galen malformation,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. F144–F149, 2002.
- Y. Yamashita, T. Abe, N. Ohara et al., “Successful treatment of neonatal aneurysmal dilatation of the vein of Galen: the role of prenatal diagnosis and trans-arterial embolization,” Neuroradiology, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 457–459, 1992.
- G. Rodesch, F. Hui, H. Alvarez, A. Tanaka, and P. Lasjaunias, “Prognosis of antenatally diagnosed vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 79–83, 1994.
- B. V. Jones, W. S. Ball, T. A. Tomsick, J. Millard, and K. R. Crone, “Vein of Galen aneurysmal malformation: diagnosis and treatment of 13 children with extended clinical follow-up,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1717–1724, 2002.
- H. J. Fullerton, A. R. Aminoff, D. M. Ferriero, N. Gupta, and C. F. Dowd, “Neurodevelopmental outcome after endovascular treatment of vein of Galen malformations,” Neurology, vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 1386–1390, 2003.
- J. A. Ellis, L. Orr, P. C. Ii, R. C. Anderson, N. A. Feldstein, and P. M. Meyers, “Cognitive and functional status after vein of Galen aneurysmal malformation endovascular occlusion,” World Journal of Radiology, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 83–89, 2012.