- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 934634, 4 pages
Symptomatic Early Congenital Syphilis: A Common but Forgotten Disease
Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Hyderabad 500003, India
Received 20 July 2012; Accepted 19 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Binder, S. Brogly, I. J. Griffin, A. W. Kamps, W. B. Moskowitz, S. Stabouli, and D. I. Zafeiriou
Copyright © 2012 Machiraju Vasudeva Murali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- South East Asia and World Health Organisation, Regional Strategy for the Elimination of Congenital Syphilis, WHO, New Delhi, India, 2009.
- R. M. Kliegman, B. F. Stanton, N. F. Schor, J. W. S. Geme III, and R. E. Behrman, “Syphilis (Treponema pallidum),” in Nelson: Textbook of Pediatrics, p. 1264, Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 19th edition, 2012.
- M. G. MacDonald, M. D. Mullett, and M. M. K. Seshia, Eds., Avery's Neonatology: Pathophysiology and Management of the Newborn, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 6th edition, 2005.
- J. S. Toohey, “Skeletal presentation of congenital syphilis: case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 104–106, 1985.
- S. Narain, B. Batra, S. N. Abraham, and L. S. Arya, “Symptomatic congenital syphilis presenting at birth,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 68, no. 9, pp. 897–899, 2001.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, “Syphilis,” in Red Book: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases, pp. 690–703, American Academy of Pediatrics, 29th edition, 2012.
- B. J. Cremin and M. I. Shaff, “Congenital syphilis diagnosed in utero,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 48, no. 575, pp. 939–941, 1975.
- E. J. Levin, “Healing in congenital osseous syphilis,” The American Journal of Roentgenology, Radium Therapy, and Nuclear Medicine, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 591–597, 1970.
- H. Saloojee, S. Velaphi, Y. Goga, N. Afadapa, R. Steen, and O. Lincetto, “The prevention and management of congenital syphilis: an overview and recommendations,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 424–430, 2004.
- Ananthnarayan and Panicker, Ananthnarayan and Panicker's Text Book of Microbiology, University Press, 8th edition, 2009.
- World Health Organization, Integrated Management of Pregnancy and Child birth (IMPAC): Prevention of Mother and Child transmission of syphilis Safe, Geneva, Switzerland, p. 1.
- P. Lumbiganon, G. Piaggio, J. Villar et al., “The epidemiology of syphilis in pregnancy,” International Journal of STD and AIDS, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 486–494, 2002.
- D. Martin, J. Bertrand, C. McKegney, L. Thompson, E. Belongia, and W. Mills, “Congenital syphilis surveillance and newborn evaluation in a low-incidence state,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 140–144, 2001.