- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 937150, 3 pages
Twelve-Year-Old Girl with Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mother and Child Health Care Institute, Radoja Dakica 6-8, Belgrade, 11070 New Belgrade, Serbia
Received 10 October 2012; Accepted 18 November 2012
Academic Editors: K. L. Chan, P. Czauderna, A. W. Kamps, and A. C. Lee
Copyright © 2012 Ivana Kitic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Campbell and T. Faust, “Primary biliary cirrhosis and primary sclerosing cholangitis,” in The Clinician's Guide to Liver Disease, K. R. Reddy and T. Faust, Eds., pp. 87–103, Slack, Thorofare, NJ, USA, 2006.
- J. J. Feld and E. J. Heathcote, “Primary biliary cirrhosis,” in Advanced Therapy in Gastroenterology and Liver Disease, T. M. Bayless and A. M. Diehl, Eds., pp. 701–706, Hamilton, BC Decker Inc, 2005.
- E. Kuntz and H. D. Kuntz, Hepatology Principles and Practice, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2006.
- G. M. Hirschfield and E. J. Heathcote, “Primary biliary cirrhosis: the future,” Clinics in Liver Disease, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 473–479, 2008.
- Y. Dahlan, L. Smith, D. Simmonds et al., “Pediatric-onset primary biliary cirrhosis,” Gastroenterology, vol. 125, no. 5, pp. 1476–1479, 2003.
- P. Invernizzi, M. G. Alessio, S. D. Smyk, et al., “Autoimmune hepatitis type 2 associated with an unexpected and transient presence of primary biliary cirrhosis-specific antimitochondrial antibodies: a case study and review of the literature,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 12, article 92, 2012.
- B. Melegh, G. Skuta, L. Pajor, G. Hegedus, and B. Sumegi, “Autoantibodies against subunits of pyruvate dehydrogenase and citrate synthase in a case of paediatric biliary cirrhosis,” Gut, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 753–756, 1998.
- T. Ahrens, M. A. Payne, H. G. Kunkel, et al., “Primary biliary cirrhosis,” Medicine, vol. 29, pp. 299–364, 1950.
- E. Rubin, F. Schaffner, and H. Popper, “Primary biliary cirrhosis. Chronic nonsuppurative destructive cholangitis,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 46, pp. 387–407, 1965.
- P. Scheuer, “Primary biliary cirrhosis,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 1257–1260, 1967.
- H. Popper and F. Schaffner, “Non-suppurative destructive chronic cholangitis and chronic hepatitis,” in Progress in Liver Diseases, H. Popper and F. Schaffner, Eds., pp. 336–354, Grune Stratton, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- J. Ludwig, E. R. Dickson, and G. S. A. McDonald, “Staging of chronic nonsuppurative destructive cholangitis (syndrome of primary biliary cirrhosis),” Virchows Archiv, vol. 379, no. 2, pp. 103–112, 1978.
- B. C. Portmann, Y. Nakanuma, et al., “Diseases of the bile ducts,” in Pathology of the Liver, R. N. M. MacSween, A. D. Burt, and B. C. Portmann, Eds., pp. 435–506, Churchill Livingstone, London, UK, 2002.
- K. D. Lindor, M. E. Gershwin, R. Poupon, M. Kaplan, N. V. Bergasa, and E. J. Heathcote, “Primary biliary cirrhosis,” Hepatology, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 291–308, 2009.