- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 951040, 5 pages
Congenital Midline Cervical Cleft: Diagnosis, Pathologic Findings, and Early Stage Treatment
1Department of Surgery, Karamandanion Children’s Hospital, 26331 Patras, Greece
2Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Patras, 26504 Patras, Greece
3Department of Pathology, University General Hospital of Patras, 26504 Patras, Greece
4Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University General Hospital of Patras, 26504 Patras, Greece
Received 26 July 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editors: N. Arslan and I. J. Griffin
Copyright © 2012 Xenophon Sinopidis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Eastlack, R. M. Howard, and I. J. Frieden, “Congenital midline cervical cleft: case report and review of the English language literature,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 118–122, 2000.
- H. Bailey, “Thyroglossal cysts and fistulae,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 12, pp. 579–589, 1924.
- C. W. McInnes, A. D. Benson, C. G. Verchere, J. P. Ludemann, and J. S. Arneja, “Management of congenital midline cervical cleft,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 36–38, 2012.
- D. Ayache, V. Ducroz, G. Roger, and E. N. Garabédian, “Midline cervical cleft,” International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, vol. 40, no. 2-3, pp. 189–193, 1997.
- S. Saha, S. Misra, V. P. Saha, and A. R. Mondal, “Midline cervical cleft: a report of two cases,” Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 78–79, 2005.
- S. B. Patil, S. M. Kale, and N. Khare, “Congenital midline cervical cleft leading to contracture of neck,” Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 509–510, 2011.
- G. A. Wood and E. Deister, “Anterior midline neck webbing with microgenia and symphyseal exostosis,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 128–131, 1983.
- U. Sharma, M. M. Mehta, and V. Y. Bhatia, “Congenital midline cervical cleft presenting as neck contracture,” European Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 263–266, 2009.
- A. Mlynarek, A. Hagr, T. L. Tewfik, and V. H. Nguyen, “Congenital mid-line cervical cleft: case report and review of literature,” International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 1243–1249, 2003.
- Y. Bajaj, D. Dunaway, and B. E. J. Hartley, “Surgical approach for congenital midline cervical cleft,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 118, no. 7, pp. 566–569, 2004.
- R. M. Smith, P. C. Barth, J. Castillo, B. Millman, and W. E. Wood, “Congenital midline cervical cleft: a report of 3 cases,” Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 119–125, 2006.
- S. Hirokawa, H. Uotani, H. Okami, K. Tsukada, T. Futatani, and I. Hashimoto, “A case of congenital midline cervical cleft with congenital heart disease,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 1099–1101, 2003.
- F. H. J. van der Staak, M. Pruszczynski, R. S. V. M. Severijnen, C. A. van de Kaa, and C. Festen, “The midline cervical cleft,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1391–1393, 1991.
- R. T. Minami, J. Pletcher, and R. L. Dakin, “Midline cervical cleft,” Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 65–68, 1980.
- C. Warden and A. J. W. Millar, “A rare congenital midline cervical cleft,” South African Journal of Surgery, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 98–99, 2010.
- S. Vure, K. Pang, L. Hallam, M. Lui, and D. Croaker, “Congenital midline cervical cleft with an underlying bronchogenic like cyst,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 811–813, 2009.
- M. Ikuzawa, K. Matsumoto, K. Amino, and M. Sakuda, “Midline cervical cleft. A case report,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 258–259, 1992.
- A. Genç, C. Taneli, O. A. Arslan, Z. Daǧlar, and E. Mir, “Congenital midline cervical cleft: a rare embryo pathogenic disorder,” European Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 29–31, 2002.