- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 572301, 4 pages
Psychiatric Disorder and Incessant Tachyarrhythmia in a Child
1Department of Pediatrics, UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, B2-427 MDCC, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 17 February 2013
Academic Editors: B. Das, D. Fischer, J. Hruda, B. Resch, I. Riaño Galán, and D. I. Zafeiriou
Copyright © 2013 Peter Chau and Jeremy Moore. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. W. Tang, M. M. Scheinman, G. F. van Hare et al., “Use of P wave configuration during atrial tachycardia to predict site of origin,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1315–1324, 1995.
- R. P. Fleet, G. Dupuis, A. Marchand, D. Burelle, A. Arsenault, and B. D. Beitman, “Panic disorder in emergency department chest pain patients: prevalence, comorbidity, suicidal ideation, and physician recognition,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 101, no. 4, pp. 371–380, 1996.
- K. Domschke, P. Kirchhof, P. Zwanzger, A. L. Gerlach, G. Breithardt, and J. Deckert, “Coincidence of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia and panic disorder: two case reports,” Annals of General Psychiatry, vol. 9, article 13, 2010.
- T. J. Lessmeier, D. Gamperling, V. Johnson-Liddon et al., “Unrecognized paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia: potential for misdiagnosis as panic disorder,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 157, no. 5, pp. 537–543, 1997.
- D. R. DeMaso, E. G. Spratt, B. L. Vaughan, E. J. D'Angelo, J. R. Van Der Feen, and E. Walsh, “Psychological functioning in children and adolescents undergoing radiofrequency catheter ablation,” Psychosomatics, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 134–139, 2000.
- S. Gursoy, G. Steurer, J. Brugada, E. Andries, and P. Brugada, “Brief report: the hemodynamic mechanism of pounding in the neck in atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 327, no. 11, pp. 772–774, 1992.
- P. Thavendiranathan, A. Bagai, C. Khoo, P. Dorian, and N. K. Choudhry, “Does this patient with palpitations have a cardiac arrhythmia?” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 302, no. 19, pp. 2135–2143, 2009.
- A. V. Mehta, G. R. Sanchez, E. J. Sacks, A. Casta, J. M. Dunn, and R. M. Donner, “Ectopic automatic atrial tachycardia in children: Clinical characteristics, management and follow-up,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 379–385, 1988.
- C. Medi, J. M. Kalman, H. Haqqani et al., “Tachycardia-Mediated Cardiomyopathy Secondary to Focal Atrial Tachycardia. Long-Term Outcome After Catheter Ablation,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 53, no. 19, pp. 1791–1797, 2009.
- A. G. Lashus, C. L. Case, and P. C. Gillette, “Catheter ablation treatment of supraventricular tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 264–266, 1997.
- N. Dagres, A. Gutersohn, H. Wieneke, S. Sack, and R. Erbel, “A new hereditary form of ectopic atrial tachycardia with autosomal dominant inheritance,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 93, no. 2-3, pp. 311–313, 2004.
- E. P. Walsh and J. P. Saul, “Transcatheter ablation for pediatric tachyarrhythmias using radiofrequency electrical energy,” Pediatric Annals, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 386–392, 1991.
- P. McNall, F. McNicholas, and P. Oslizlok, “Cardiovascular monitoring of children and adolescents receiving psychotropic drugs,” European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, vol. 16, pp. 33–47, 2007.
- H. Gutgsell, D. Atkins, R. Barst et al., “Cardiovascular monitoring of children and adolescents receiving psychotropic drugs: A Statement for Healthcare Professionals From the Committee on Congenital Cardiac Defects, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association,” Circulation, vol. 99, pp. 979–982, 1999.