- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Psychiatry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 607061, 3 pages
Chronic Tinnitus following Electroconvulsive Therapy
1National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
2Department of Otolaryngology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Received 7 June 2011; Accepted 7 July 2011
Academic Editors: T. Frodl and P. Sand
Copyright © 2011 Robert L. Folmer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Hoffman and G. W. Reed, “Epidemiology of tinnitus,” in Tinnitus: Theory and Management, J. Snow, Ed., pp. 16–41, BC Decker, Ontario, Canada, 2004.
- A. Schleuning, “Medical aspects of tinnitus,” in Tinnitus Treatment and Relief, J. A. Vernon, Ed., pp. 20–27, Allyn and Bacon, Boston, Mass, USA, 1998.
- R. L. Folmer and S. E. Griest, “Chronic tinnitus resulting from head or neck injuries,” Laryngoscope, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 821–827, 2003.
- H. Seligmann, L. Podoshin, J. Ben-David, M. Fradis, and M. Goldsher, “Drug-induced tinnitus and other hearing disorders,” Drug Safety, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 198–212, 1996.
- Physician's Desk Reference, PDR Network, 2011.
- R. L. Folmer, S. E. Griest, M. B. Meikle, and W. H. Martin, “Tinnitus severity, loudness, and depression,” Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 48–51, 1999.
- R. L. Folmer, S. E. Griest, and W. H. Martin, “Chronic tinnitus as phantom auditory pain,” Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 394–399, 2001.
- R. L. Folmer, S. E. Griest, and W. H. Martin, “Obsessive-compulsiveness in a population of tinnitus patients,” International Tinnitus Journal, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 127–130, 2008.
- R. M. Johnson, R. Brummett, and A. Schleuning, “Use of alprazolam for relief of tinnitus: a double-blind study,” Archives of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 119, no. 8, pp. 842–845, 1993.
- R. K. Shepherd, J. Matsushima, R. E. Millard, and G. M. Clark, “Cochlear pathology following chronic electrical stimulation using non charge balanced stimuli,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 111, no. 5, pp. 848–860, 1991.
- R. W. Hurst and S. I. Lee, “Ictal tinnitus,” Epilepsia, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 769–772, 1986.
- F. Cendes, E. Kobayashi, and I. Lopes-Cendes, “Familial temporal lobe epilepsy with auditory features,” Epilepsia, vol. 46, supplement 10, pp. 59–60, 2005.
- T. Lenarz, C. Schreiner, R. L. Snyder, and A. Ernst, “Neural mechanisms of tinnitus,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 249, no. 8, pp. 441–446, 1993.
- R. S. Salah, J. R. DeQuardo, M. D. Jibson, T. Carli, and R. Tandon, “Tinnitus and ECT,” Convulsive Therapy, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 122–125, 1995.
- D. M. Popeo, K. G. Tobias, and C. H. Kellner, “Tinnitus as a symptom of psychotic depression successfully treated with electroconvulsive therapy,” Journal of ECT, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. e7–e8, 2011.
- W. J. Charles, “Electroconvulsive therapy,” British Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 131, p. 551, 1977.