- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Psychiatry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 261251, 2 pages
Asymptomatic Deep Vein Thrombosis in a Patient with Major Depressive Disorder
1Department of Psychiatry, Sakuragaoka Memorial Hospital, 1-1-1 Renkouji, Tama-shi, Tokyo 206-0021, Japan
2Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8582, Japan
3Geriatric Mental Health Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Queen Street Site, 1001 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, Canada M6J 1H4
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 5 September 2012
Academic Editors: S. Cortese and M. Kellner
Copyright © 2012 Takuto Ishida et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Kearon, “Natural history of venous thromboembolism,” Circulation, vol. 107, no. 23, pp. I22–I30, 2003.
- J. Attia, J. G. Ray, D. J. Cook, J. Douketis, J. S. Ginsberg, and W. H. Geerts, “Deep vein thrombosis and its prevention in critically ill adults,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 161, no. 10, pp. 1268–1279, 2001.
- F. Dentali, J. D. Douketis, M. Gianni, W. Lim, and M. A. Crowther, “Meta-analysis: anticoagulant prophylaxis to prevent symptomatic venous thromboembolism in hospitalized medical patients,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 146, no. 4, pp. 278–288, 2007.
- W. V. McCall, S. C. Mann, F. E. Shelp, and S. N. Caroff, “Fatal pulmonary embolism in the catatonic syndrome: two case reports and a literature review,” Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 21–25, 1995.
- W. H. Geerts, D. Bergqvist, G. F. Pineo et al., “Prevention of venous thromboembolism: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th edition),” Chest, vol. 133, no. 6, supplement, pp. 381S–453S, 2008.
- C. Parker, C. Coupland, and J. Hippisley-Cox, “Antipsychotic drugs and risk of venous thromboembolism: nested case-control study,” British Medical Journal, vol. 341, p. c4245, 2010.