- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Psychiatry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 642752, 4 pages
Agomelatine Augmentation of Escitalopram Therapy in Treatment-Resistant Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Case Report
1NHS, Department of Mental Health, Psychiatric Service of Diagnosis and Treatment, Hospital “G. Mazzini”, ASL 4, 64100 Teramo, Italy
2Department of Neurosciences and Imaging, Chair of Psychiatry, University “G. D’Annunzio”, 66100 Chieti, Italy
3NHS, Department of Mental Health, Psychiatric Service of Diagnosis and Treatment, Hospital “Maria SS. dello Splendore”, ASL 4, 64021 Giulianova, Italy
Received 16 July 2012; Accepted 18 September 2012
Academic Editors: E. Jönsson and M. Kluge
Copyright © 2012 Domenico De Berardis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. De Berardis, D. Campanella, F. Gambi et al., “Insight and alexithymia in adult outpatients with obsessive-compulsive disorder,” European Archives of Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 255, no. 5, pp. 350–358, 2005.
- A. Abudy, A. Juven-Wetzler, and J. Zohar, “Pharmacological management of treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder,” CNS Drugs, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 585–596, 2011.
- D. De Berardis, G. Di Iorio, T. Acciavatti et al., “The emerging role of melatonin agonists in the treatment of major depression: focus on agomelatine.,” CNS & Neurological Disorders Drug Targets, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 119–132, 2011.
- C. De Bodinat, B. Guardiola-Lemaitre, E. Mocaër, P. Renard, C. Muñoz, and M. J. Millan, “Agomelatine, the first melatonergic antidepressant: discovery, characterization and development,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 628–642, 2010.
- M. Di Giannantonio, G. Di Iorio, R. Guglielmo et al., “Major depressive disorder, anhedonia and agomelatine: an open-label study,” Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 109–114, 2011.
- G. Martinotti, G. Sepede, F. Gambi, et al., “Agomelatine versus venlafaxine XR in the treatment of anhedonia in major depressive disorder: a pilot study,” Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 487–491, 2012.
- I. B. Hickie and N. L. Rogers, “Novel melatonin-based therapies: potential advances in the treatment of major depression,” The Lancet, vol. 378, no. 9791, pp. 621–631, 2011.
- M. Fornaro, “Switching from serotonin reuptake inhibitors to agomelatine in patients with refractoryobsessive-compulsive disorder: a 3 month follow-up case series,” Annals of General Psychiatry, vol. 10, article 5, 2011.
- D. De Berardis, N. Serroni, D. Campanella, et al., “A case of obsessive-compulsive disorder successfully treated with agomelatine monotherapy,” Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 289–290, 2012.
- F. F. da Rocha and H. Correa, “Is circadian rhythm disruption important in obsessive-compulsive disorder [OCD]? A case of successful augmentation with agomelatine for the treatment of OCD,” Clinical Neuropharmacology, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 139–140, 2011.
- D. L. Ackerman and S. Greenland, “Multivariate meta-analysis of controlled drug studies for obsessive-compulsive disorder,” Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 309–317, 2002.
- D. Marazziti, G. Consoli, and S. Baroni, “Past, present and future drugs for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 29, pp. 3410–3421, 2010.
- L. L. Von Moltke, D. J. Greenblatt, G. M. Giancarlo, B. W. Granda, J. S. Harmatz, and R. I. Shader, “Escitalopram (S-citalopram) and its metabolites in vitro: cytochromes mediating biotransformation, inhibitory effects, and comparison to R-citalopram,” Drug Metabolism and Disposition, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1102–1109, 2001.
- M. Fornaro, D. Prestia, S. Colicchio, and G. Perugi, “A systematic, updated review on the antidepressant agomelatine focusing on its melatonergic modulation,” Current Neuropharmacology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 287–304, 2010.
- V. Srinivasan, R. Zakaria, Z. Othaman, A. Brzezinski, A. Prasad, and G. M. Brown, “Melatonergic drugs for therapeutic use in insomnia and sleep disturbances of mood disorders,” CNS & Neurological Disorders—Drug Targets, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 180–189, 2012.
- K. W. Lange, K. M. Lange, J. Hauser, L. Tucha, and O. Tucha, “Circadian rhythms in obsessive-compulsive disorder,” Journal of Neural Transmission, vol. 119, no. 10, pp. 1077–1083, 2012.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, N. A. Fineberg, L. M. Drummond et al., “Delayed sleep phase in severe obsessive-compulsive disorder: a systematic case-report survey,” CNS Spectrums, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 406–413, 2008.
- P. Monteleone, F. Catapano, G. Del Buono, and M. Maj, “Circadian rhythms of melatonin, cortisol and prolactin in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder,” Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 411–415, 1994.
- D. J. Stein, A. A. Ahokas, and C. De Bodinat, “Efficacy of agomelatine in generalized anxiety disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study,” Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 561–566, 2008.
- D. De Berardis, N. Serroni, S. Marini, F. S. Moschetta, G. Martinotti G, and M. Di Giannantonio, “Agomelatine for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder: a case report,” Annals of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 241–242, 2012.