- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Psychiatry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 827187, 4 pages
EMDR in Competition with Fate: A Case Study in a Chinese Woman with Multiple Traumas
Clinical Psychological Unit 3, Social Welfare Department, 14/F. Cornwall House, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Received 30 September 2011; Accepted 19 October 2011
Academic Editors: D. De Leo and S. Shimodera
Copyright © 2012 Maggie Wai-Ling Poon. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. A. Van Der Kolk, D. Pelcovitz, S. Roth, F. S. Mandel, A. McFarlane, and J. L. Herman, “Dissociation, somatization, and affect dysregulation: the complexity of adaptation to trauma,” American Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 153, no. 7, pp. 83–93, 1996.
- C. A. Courtois, “Complex trauma, complex reactions: Assessment and treatment,” Psychotherapy, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 412–425, 2004.
- C. Curtois, “Complex trauma, complex reactions: assessment and treatment,” Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, no. 1, pp. 86–100, 2000.
- B. A. Van Der Kolk, S. Roth, D. Pelcovitz, S. Sunday, and J. Spinazzola, “Disorders of extreme stress: the empirical foundation of a complex adaptation to trauma,” Journal of Traumatic Stress, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 389–399, 2005.
- E. Cardena, J. Maldonado, O. Van der Hart, and D. Spiegel., “Hypnosis,” in Effective Treatments for PTSD, E. B. Foa, T. M. Keane, and M. J. Friedman, Eds., pp. 247–279, The Guildford Press, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- J. D. Ford, C. A. Courtois, K. Steele, O. Van Der Hart, and E. R. S. Nijenhuis, “Treatment of complex posttraumatic self-dysregulation,” Journal of Traumatic Stress, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 437–447, 2005.
- M. W. L. Poon, “Hypnosis for complex trauma survivors: four case studies,” American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 263–271, 2009.
- R. Bradley, J. Greene, E. Russ, L. Dutra, and D. Westen, “A multidimensional meta-analysis of psychotherapy for PTSD,” American Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 214–227, 2005.
- J. I. Bisson, A. Ehlers, R. Matthews, S. Pilling, D. Richards, and S. Turner, “Psychological treatments for chronic post-traumatic stress disorder: systematic review and meta-analysis,” British Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 190, pp. 97–104, 2007.
- P. R. Davidson and K. C. H. Parker, “Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (emdr): a meta-analysis,” Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 305–316, 2001.
- F. Shapiro, Eye Movements Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures, Guilford Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2001.
- F. Shapiro, “Paradigms, processing, and personality development,” in EMDR as an Integrative Psychotherapy Approach: Experts of Diverse Orientations Explore the Paradigm Prism, F. Shapiro, Ed., pp. 3–26, American Psychological Association, Washington, DC, USA, 2002.
- J. Briere, Trauma Symptom Inventory: Professional Manual, Psychological Assessment Resources, USA, 1995.
- M. Horowitz, N. Wilner, and W. Alvarez, “Impact of event scale: A measure of subjective stress,” Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 209–218, 1979.
- Liaison Group on Test Management, Findings of Impact of Event Scale study using Hong Kong samples, Clinical Psychological Service Branch, Social Welfare Department, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government, Hong Kong, 2005.
- M. J. Horowitz, Personal Communication with Liaison Group on Test Management of Social Welfare Department of Hong Kong, 2000.