- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pulmonology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 135794, 5 pages
Thymoma with Coexisting Undifferentiated Pleomorphic Sarcoma: A Case Report
Department of Pathology, J. N. Medical College, AMU, Aligarh, India
Received 26 July 2011; Accepted 24 August 2011
Academic Editor: N. Reinmuth
Copyright © 2011 Manoranjan Varshney et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. O. Myers, N. Kritikos, M. Bongiovanni et al., “Primary intrapulmonary thymoma: a systematic review,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1137–1141, 2007.
- E. A. Engels and R. M. Pfeiffer, “Malignant thymoma in the United States: demographic patterns in incidence and associations with subsequent malignancies,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 546–551, 2003.
- S. Jacob, S. R. Irani, Y. A. Rajabally, et al., “Hypothermia in VGKC antibody-associated limbic encephalitis,” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 202–204, 2008.
- E. C. Rosenow III and B. T. Hurley, “Disorders of the thymus: a review,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 144, no. 4, pp. 763–770, 1984.
- K. B. Wilkins, E. Sheikh, R. Green et al., “Clinical and pathologic predictors of survival in patients with thymoma,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 230, no. 4, pp. 562–574, discussion 572–574, 1999.
- A. Masaoka, Y. Yamakawa, H. Niwa et al., “Thymectomy and malignancy,” European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 251–253, 1994.
- M. Hata, N. Negishi, S. Niino, et al., “A case of multiple colon cancer appeared after thymectomy for thymoma with myasthenia gravis,” Nippon Geka Gakkai Zasshi, vol. 94, pp. 1061–1063, (in Japanese with English abstract), 1993.
- C. C. Pan, P. C Chen, L. S. Wang, K. H. Chi, and H. Chiang, “Thymoma is associated with an increased risk of second malignancy,” Cancer, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 2406–2411, 2001.
- M. D. Murphey, “World Health Organization classification of bone and soft tissue tumors: modifications and implications for radiologists,” Seminars in Musculoskeletal Radiology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 201–214, 2007.
- K. Katenkamp and D. Katenkamp, “Soft tissue tumors: new perspectives on classification and diagnosis,” Deutsches Arzteblatt, vol. 106, no. 39, pp. 632–636, 2009.
- K. B. Wilkins, E, Sheikh, R. Green, et al., “Clinical and pathologic predictors of survival in patients with thymoma,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 175, no. 230, pp. 562–572, discussion 572–574, 1999.
- H. D. Friedman, D. A. Inman, R. E. Hutchison, and B. J. Poiesz, “Concurrent invasive thymoma and T-cell lymphoblastic leukaemia and lymphoma. A case report with necropsy findings and literature review of thymoma and associated hematologic neoplasm,” The American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 101, pp. 432–437, 1994.
- A. E. Papatestas, K. E. Osserman, and A. E. Kark, “The relationship between thymus and oncogenesis. A study of the incidence of non thymic malignancy in myasthenia gravis,” The British Journal of Cancer, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 635–645, 1971.
- L. J. Medeiros, S. K. Bhagat, P. Naylor, D. Fowler, E. S. Jaffe, and M. Stetler-Stevenson, “Malignant thymoma associated with T-cell lymphocytosis. A case report with immunophenotypic and gene rearrangement analysis,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 117, pp. 279–283, 1993.
- R. B. Raney, A. Allen, and J. O'Neill, “Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of soft tissue in childhood,” Cancer, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 2198–2201, 1986.
- B. Rooser, H. Willen, P. Gustafson, T. A. Alvegard, and A. Rydholm, “Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of soft tissue. A population-based epidemiologic and prognostic study of 137 patients,” Cancer, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 499–505, 1991.
- J. A. Pinkston and I. Sekine, “Postirradiation sarcoma (malignant fibrous histicoytoma) following cervix cancer,” Cancer, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 434–438, 1982.
- F. M. Enzinger and S. W. Weiss, “Malignant fibrohistiocytic tumors,” in Soft Tissue Tumors, pp. 269–300, CV Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 2nd edition, 1988.
- E. H. Soule and P. Enriquez, “Atypical fibrous histiocytoma, malignant fibrous histiocytoma, malignant histiocytoma, and epithelioid sarcoma. A comparative study of 65 tumors,” Cancer, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 128–143, 1972.