- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pulmonology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 120809, 3 pages
Pulmonary Mucormycosis: An Emerging Infection
1Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
2Division of Infectious Diseases, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editors: N. Koyama, I. Lang, and K. M. Nugent
Copyright © 2012 Mohammed Muqeetadnan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Z. R. Gomes, R. E. Lewis, and D. P. Kontoyiannis, “Mucormycosis caused by unusual mucormycetes, non-Rhizopus, -Mucor, and -Lichtheimia species,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 411–445, 2011.
- A. Mohammadi, A. Mehdizadeh, M. Ghasemi-Rad, H. Habibpour, and A. Esmaeli, “Pulmonary mucormycosis in patient with diabetic ketoacidosis: a case report and review of literature,” Tüberküloz ve Toraks, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 66–69, 2012.
- S. Georgopoulou, E. Kounougeri, C. Katsenos, M. Rizos, and A. Michalopoulos, “Rhinocerebral mucormycosis in a patient with cirrhosis and chronic renal failure,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 50, no. 51, pp. 843–845, 2003.
- C. Salinas-Lara, D. Rembao-Bojórquez, E. de la Cruz, C. Márquez, L. Portocarrero, and M. L. Tena-Suck, “Pituitary apoplexy due to mucormycosis infection in a patient with an ACTH producing pulmonary tumor,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 67–70, 2008.
- K. E. Johnson, K. Leahy, C. Owens, J. N. Blankson, W. G. Merz, and B. J. Goldstein, “An atypical case of fatal zygomycosis: simultaneous cutaneous and laryngeal infection in a patient with a non-neutropenic solid prostatic tumor,” Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 152–155, 2008.
- A. Fahimzad, Z. Chavoshzadeh, H. Abdollahpour, C. Klein, and N. Rezaei, “Necrosis of nasal cartilage due to mucormycosis in a patient with severe congenital neutropenia due to HAX1 deficiency,” Journal of Investigational Allergology and Clinical Immunology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 469–472, 2008.
- S. M. Devlin, B. Hu, and A. Ippoliti, “Mucormycosis presenting as recurrent gastric perforation in a patient with Crohn's disease on glucocorticoid, 6-mercaptopurine, and infliximab therapy,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2078–2081, 2007.
- C. S. Abboud, M. D. Bergamasco, C. E. Baía et al., “Case report of hepatic mucormycosis after liver transplantation: successful treatment with liposomal amphotericin B followed by posaconazole sequential therapy,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 2501–2502, 2012.
- B. Rammaert, F. Lanternier, J. R. Zahar et al., “Healthcare-associated mucormycosis,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 54, supplement 1, pp. S44–S54, 2012.
- B. Spellberg, J. Edwards, and A. Ibrahim, “Novel perspectives on mucormycosis: pathophysiology, presentation, and management,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 556–569, 2005.
- G. Petrikkos, A. Skiada, O. Lortholary, E. Roilides, T. J. Walsh, and D. P. Kontoyiannis, “Epidemiology and clinical manifestations of mucormycosis,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 54, supplement 1, pp. S23–S34, 2012.
- R. N. Greenberg, L. J. Scott, H. H. Vaughn, and J. A. Ribes, “Zygomycosis (mucormycosis): emerging clinical importance and new treatments,” Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 517–525, 2004.
- G. Chamilos, E. M. Marom, R. E. Lewis, M. S. Lionakis, and D. P. Kontoyiannis, “Predictors of pulmonary zygomycosis versus invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in patients with cancer,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 60–66, 2005.
- G. Petrikkos and M. Drogari-Apiranthitou, “Zygomycosis in Immunocompromised non-haematological patients,” Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases, vol. 3, no. 1, Article ID e 2011012, 2011.
- M. M. Roden, T. E. Zaoutis, W. L. Buchanan et al., “Epidemiology and outcome of zygomycosis: a review of 929 reported cases,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 634–653, 2005.