- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pulmonology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 371490, 3 pages
A Rare Presentation of a Rare Disease: Pulmonary Lymphomatoid Granulomatosis
1Department of Internal Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, 100 North Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822, USA
2Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Geisinger Medical Center, 100 North Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Received 23 September 2012; Accepted 30 October 2012
Academic Editors: H. Niwa, M. Takao, and N. Yoshimura
Copyright © 2012 Ghulam Rehman Mohyuddin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Pittaluga, S. W. W, and E. S. Jaffe, World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of Hematopoetic and Lymphoid Tissues, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2008.
- A. Makol, K. Kosuri, D. Tamkus, W. De M Calaca, and H. T. Chang, “Lymphomatoid granulomatosis masquerading as interstitial pneumonia in a 66-year-old man: a case report and review of literature,” Journal of Hematology and Oncology, vol. 2, p. 39, 2009.
- S. S. Hare, C. A. Souza, G. Bain, et al., “The radiological spectrum of pulmonary lymphoproliferative disease,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 85, no. 1015, pp. 848–864, 2012.
- E. S. Jaffe and W. H. Wilson, “Lymphomatoid granulomatosis: pathogenesis, pathology and clinical implications,” Cancer Surveys, vol. 30, pp. 233–248, 1997.
- R. Joseph, B. Chacko, M. T. Manipadam, J. Sureka, V. K. Cherian, and G. T. John, “Pulmonary lymphomatoid granulomatosis in a renal allograft recipient,” Transplant Infectious Disease, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 52–55, 2008.
- R. J. Pisani and R. DeRemee, “Clinical implications of the histopathologic diagnosis of pulmonary lymphomatoid granulomatosis,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 151–163, 1990.
- A. L. A. Katzenstein, C. B. Carrington, and A. A. Liebow, “Lymphomatoid granulomatosis. A clinicopathologic study of 152 cases,” Cancer, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 360–373, 1979.
- T. Mizuno, Y. Takanashi, H. Onodera et al., “A case of lymphomatoid granulomatosis/angiocentric immunoproliferative lesion with long clinical course and diffuse brain involvement,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, vol. 213, no. 1-2, pp. 67–76, 2003.
- B. Vahid, D. A. Salerno, and P. E. Marik, “Lymphomatoid granulomatosis: a rare cause of multiple pulmonary nodules,” Respiratory Care, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 1227–1229, 2008.
- W. Bartosik, A. Raza, S. Kalimuthu, and A. Fabre, “Pulmonary lymphomatoid granulomatosis mimicking lung cancer,” Interactive CardioVasc Thoracic Surgery, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 662–664, 2012.
- T. Itoh, K. Umekawa, K. Rensha et al., “A case of grade I lymphomatoid granulomatosis detected as a solitary lung nodule in a health examination,” Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 50–54, 2008.
- P. S. Koh, A. H. C. Foyle, Y. Cartier et al., “Atypical presentation of lymphomatoid granulomatosis in a patient with longstanding sarcoidosis,” Canadian Respiratory Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 51–54, 2004.
- F. Lou and Z. Xing, “Clinicopathologic conference. A 48-year-old woman with large mass shadow in the right lower lung with cough, chest pain and fever,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 101, no. 9, pp. 695–699, 1988.
- M. McCloskey, M. Catherwood, D. McManus, G. Todd, R. Cuthbert, and M. Riley, “A case of lymphomatoid granulomatosis masquerading as a lung abscess,” Thorax, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 818–819, 2004.
- Y. Paramsothy, A. Ilchyshyn, K. Sidky, and J. P. H. Byrne, “Lymphomatoid granulomatosis mimicking bronchial carcinoma,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 63, no. 739, pp. 381–384, 1987.
- N. Sheehy, B. Bird, D. S. O'Briain, P. Daly, and G. Wilson, “Synchronous regression and progression of pulmonary nodules on chest CT in untreated lymphomatoid granulomatosis,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 451–454, 2004.
- W. H. Wilson, D. W. Kingma, M. Raffeld, R. E. Wittes, and E. S. Jaffe, “Association of lymphomatoid granulomatosis with Epstein-Barr viral infection of B lymphocytes and response to interferon-α2b,” Blood, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 4531–4537, 1996.