- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 214528, 4 pages
Inflammatory Pseudotumour of the Lung: A Case Report and Literature Review
1Division of Pulmonology, Department of Medicine, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
2Thoracic Surgery Department, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
3Ampath Laboratories, Johannesburg, South Africa
Received 24 October 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editors: B. J. Barron and D. P. Link
Copyright © 2012 R. Morar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. C. Copin, B. H. Gosselin, and M. E. Ribet, “Plasma cell granuloma of the lung: difficulties in diagnosis and prognosis,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1477–1482, 1996.
- P. P. Anthony, “Inflammatory pseudotumour (plasma cell granuloma) of lung, liver and other organs,” Histopathology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 501–503, 1993.
- M. Bahadori and A. A. Liebow, “Plasma cell granulomas of the lung,” Cancer, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 191–208, 1973.
- O. Matsubara, N. S. Tan-Liu, R. M. Kenney, and E. J. Mark, “Inflammatory pseudotumors of the lung: progression from organizing pneumonia to fibrous histiocytoma or to plasma cell granuloma in 32 cases,” Human Pathology, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 807–814, 1988.
- J. G. Batsakis, M. A. Luna, A. K. El-Naggar, and H. Goepfert, “‘Inflammatory pseudotumor’: what is it? How does it behave?” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 329–331, 1995.
- C. S. Snyder, M. Dell'Aquila, P. Haghighi, R. N. Baergen, Y. K. Suh, and E. S. Yi, “Clonal changes in inflammatory pseudotumor of the lung: a case report,” Cancer, vol. 76, pp. 1545–1549, 1995.
- G. A. Agrons, M. L. Rosado-de-Christenson, W. M. Kirejczyk, R. M. Conran, and J. T. Stocker, “Pulmonary inflammatory pseudotumor: radiologic features,” Radiology, vol. 206, no. 2, pp. 511–518, 1998.
- M. C. Cohen and R. O. Kaschula, “Primary pulmonary tumors in childhood: a review of 31 years' experience and the literature,” Pediatric Pulmonology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 222–232, 1992.
- A. A. Gal, M. N. Koss, W. F. McCarthy, and L. Hochholzer, “Prognostic factors in pulmonary fibrohistiocytic lesions,” Cancer, vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 1817–1824, 1994.
- C. M. Coffin, L. P. Dehner, and J. M. Meis-Kindblom, “Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor, inflammatory fibrosarcoma, and related lesions: an historical review with differential diagnostic considerations,” Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 102–110, 1998.
- L. P. Dehner, “The enigmatic inflammatory pseudotumours: the current state of our understanding, or misunderstanding,” The Journal of Pathology, vol. 192, pp. 277–279, 2000.
- R. Bakhos, E. M. Wojcik, and M. C. Olson, “Transthoracic fine-needle aspiration cytology of inflammatory pseudotumor, fibrohistiocytic type: a case report with immunohistochemical studies,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 19, pp. 216–220, 1998.
- T. Ishida, T. Oka, T. Nishino, M. Tateishi, T. Mitsudomi, and K. Sugimachi, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the lung in adults: radiographic and clinicopathological analysis,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 90–95, 1989.
- R. J. Cerfolio, M. S. Allen, A. G. Nascimento et al., “Inflammatory pseudotumors of the lung,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 933–936, 1999.
- I. Mandelbaum, R. E. Brashear, and M. T. Hull, “Surgical treatment and course of pulmonary pseudotumor (plasma cell granuloma),” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 77–82, 1981.
- R. S. Berardi, S. S. Lee, H. P. Chen, and G. J. Stines, “Inflammatory pseudotumors of the lung,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 89–96, 1983.
- C. Alexiou, Z. Obuszko, D. Beggs, and W. E. Morgan, “Inflammatory pseudotumors of the lung,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 948–950, 1998.
- S. V. Hoover, A. S. Granston, D. F. Koch, and T. R. Hudson, “Plasma cell granuloma of the lung, response to radiation therapy: report of a single case,” Cancer, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 123–125, 1977.
- F. Boman, J. Champigneulle, L. Boccon-Gibod et al., “Endobronchial, aggressive, multifocal, recurrent pulmonary inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor,” Annales de Pathologie, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 207–210, 1995.
- R. Fornell-Pérez, J. M. Santana-Montesdeoca, C. García-Villar, and M. C. Camacho-García, “Two types of presentation of pulmonary inflammatory pseudotumors,” Archivos de Bronconeumología, vol. 48, pp. 296–299, 2012.
- M. W. Huellner, B. Schwizer, I. Burger et al., “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the lung with high FDG uptake,” Clinical Nuclear Medicine, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 722–723, 2010.