- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 236732, 5 pages
Celiac Artery Stenting to Facilitate Hepatic Yttrium-90 Radioembolization Therapy
Bridgeport Hospital, Yale New Haven Health System, 267 Grant Street, Bridgeport, CT 06610, USA
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 6 November 2012
Academic Editors: E. Bölke, T. Chakera, A. Matsuno, and D. Tsetis
Copyright © 2012 Murthy R. Chamarthy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Karunanithy, F. Gordon, M. Hodolic et al., “Embolization of hepatic arterial branches to simplify hepatic blood flow before yttrium 90 Radioembolization: a useful technique in the presence of challenging anatomy,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 287–294, 2011.
- M. H. Abdelmaksoud, J. D. Louie, N. Kothary, et al., “Consolidation of hepatic arterial inflow by embolization of variant hepatic arteries in preparation for yttrium-90 radioembolization,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1364–1371, 2011.
- R. J. Lewandowski, J. F. Geschwind, E. Liapi, and R. Salem, “Transcatheter intraarterial therapies: rationale and overview,” Radiology, vol. 259, no. 3, pp. 641–657, 2011.
- R. Salem, R. J. Lewandowski, L. Kulik et al., “Radioembolization results in longer time-to-progression and reduced toxicity compared with chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma,” Gastroenterology, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 497–507, 2011.
- A. Kennedy, S. Nag, R. Salem et al., “Recommendations for radioembolization of hepatic malignancies using Yttrium-90 microsphere brachytherapy: a consensus panel report from the radioembolization brachytherapy oncology consortium,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 13–23, 2007.
- A. Kennedy, D. Coldwell, B. Sangro, H. Wasan, and R. Salem, “Integrating radioembolization (90Y microspheres) into current treatment options for liver tumors: introduction to the international working group report,” American Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 81–90, 2012.
- R. Murthy, R. Nunez, J. Szklaruk et al., “Yttrium-90 microsphere therapy for hepatic malignancy: devices, indications, technical considerations, and potential complications,” Radiographics, vol. 25, pp. S41–S55, 2005.
- D. M. Liu, R. Salem, J. T. Bui et al., “Angiographic considerations in patients undergoing liver-directed therapy,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 911–935, 2005.
- R. Salem, R. J. Lewandowski, K. T. Sato et al., “Technical aspects of radioembolization with 90Y microspheres,” Techniques in Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 12–29, 2007.
- A. Kennedy, D. Coldwell, B. Sangro, H. Wasan, and R. Salem, “Radioembolization for the treatment of liver tumors: general principles,” American Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 91–99, 2012.
- P. Hilgard, M. Hamami, A. E. Fouly et al., “Radioembolization with yttrium-90 glass microspheres in hepatocellular carcinoma: European experience on safety and long-term survival,” Hepatology, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1741–1749, 2010.
- A. Riaz, R. J. Lewandowski, L. M. Kulik et al., “Complications following radioembolization with Yttrium-90 microspheres: a comprehensive literature review,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1121–1130, 2009.
- R. J. Lewandowski, K. T. Sato, B. Atassi et al., “Radioembolization with 90Y microspheres: angiographic and technical considerations,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 571–592, 2007.
- C. M. Park, J. W. Chung, H. B. Kim, S. J. Shin, and J. H. Park, “Celiac axis stenosis: incidence and etiologies in asymptomatic individuals,” Korean Journal of Radiology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 8–13, 2001.
- S. Y. Song, J. W. Chung, J. W. Kwon et al., “Collateral pathways in patients with celiac axis stenosis: angiographic-spiral CT correlation,” Radiographics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 881–893, 2002.
- M. Okazaki, H. Higashihara, H. Ono et al., “Chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma via the inferior pancreaticoduodenal artery in patients with celiac artery stenosis,” Acta Radiologica, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 20–25, 1993.
- O. Ikeda, Y. Tamura, Y. Nakasone, and Y. Yamashita, “Celiac artery stenosis/occlusion treated by interventional radiology,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 369–377, 2009.
- I. J. Finch, “Use of the Palmaz stent in ostial celiac artery stenosis,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 633–636, 1992.
- I. Gotsman and A. Verstandig, “Intravascular stent implantation of the celiac artery in the treatment of chronic mesenteric ischemia,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 164–166, 2001.
- J. W. Kwon, J. W. Chung, S. Y. Song et al., “Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinomas in patients with celiac axis occlusion,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 689–694, 2002.