- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 420901, 3 pages
Portomesenteric Venous System Gas after CT Colonography: A Case Report
Complex Operative Unit of Diagnostic Imaging, Campus Bio-Medico University Hospital, Alvaro del Portillo 200, 00128 Rome, Italy
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 28 August 2012
Academic Editors: W.-C. Chang and S. Yalcin
Copyright © 2012 Ilaria Sansoni et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Atalla, W. M. Rozen, M. Master, and S. McLaughlin, “Education and Imaging. Colonic perforation during “virtual” CT colonography,” Journal of gastroenterology and hepatology, vol. 24, no. 11, p. 1800, 2009.
- D. Q. Tran, L. Rosen, R. Kim, R. D. Riether, J. J. Stasik, and I. T. Khubchandani, “Actual colonoscopy: what are the risks of perforation?” American Surgeon, vol. 67, no. 9, pp. 845–847, 2001.
- J. Sosna, A. Blachar, M. Amitai et al., “Colonic perforation at CT colonography: assessment of risk in a multicenter large cohort,” Radiology, vol. 239, no. 2, pp. 457–463, 2006.
- S. Gaiani, C. Serra, M. Cervellera, O. Campione, L. Bolondi, and M. Miglioli, “Endoscopic perforation of the colon: lessons from a 10-year study,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 95, no. 12, pp. 3418–3422, 2000.
- P. J. Pickhardt, “Incidence of colonic perforation at CT colonography: review of existing data and implications for screening of asymptomatic adults,” Radiology, vol. 239, no. 2, pp. 313–316, 2006.
- D. Burling, S. Halligan, A. Slater, M. J. Noakes, and S. A. Taylor, “Potentially serious adverse events at CT colonography in symptomatic patients: national survey of the United Kingdom,” Radiology, vol. 239, no. 2, pp. 464–471, 2006.
- P. J. Pickhardt, D. H. Kim, and A. J. Taylor, “Asymptomatic pneumatosis at CT colonography: a benign self-limited imaging finding distinct from perforation.,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. W112–W117, 2008.
- H. M. El, T. Couvreur, and P. Meunier, “Clinical case of the month. Portal venous gas due to a hydrogen peroxide colic enema],” Revue Médicale de Liège, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 179–182, 2011.
- C. Sebastià, S. Quiroga, E. Espin, R. Boyé, A. Alvarez-Castells, and M. Armengol, “Portomesenteric vein gas: pathologic mechanisms, CT findings, and prognosis,” Radiographics, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1213–1224, 2000.