- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 638725, 4 pages
Occult Breast Cancer due to Multiple Calcified Hamartomas in a Patient with Cowden Syndrome
1Department of Clinical Genetics, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P.O. Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
2Department of Radiology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P.O. Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
3Department of Pathology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P.O. Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
4Department of Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P.O. Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
5Department of Surgery, Orbis Medical Center Sittard-Geleen, P.O. Box 5500, 6130 MB Sittard, The Netherlands
6Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Medical Center Nijmegen, P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
7Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P.O. Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Received 30 March 2012; Accepted 26 June 2012
Academic Editors: G. Bastarrika, K. Fujimoto, A. Hiwatashi, and A. Matsuno
Copyright © 2012 E. B. Gómez García et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Nelen, H. Kremer, I. B. M. Konings et al., “Novel PTEN mutations in patients with Cowden disease: absence of clear genotype-phenotype correlations,” European Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 267–273, 1999.
- The NCCN 1.2009 Cowden syndrome clinical practical guidelines in oncology. National Comprehensive Cancer Network, 2009, http://www.nccn.org/index.asp.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM), http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/omim/.
- K. M. Lloyd and M. Dennis, “Cowden's disease. A possible new symptom complex with multiple system involvement,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 58, pp. 136–142, 1963.
- A. Farooq, L. J. Walker, J. Bowling, and R. A. Audisio, “Cowden syndrome,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 577–583, 2010.
- R. Pilarski, “Cowden syndrome: a critical review of the clinical literature,” Journal of Genetic Counseling, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 13–27, 2009.
- J. M. Sabaté, A. Gómez, S. Torrubia et al., “Evaluation of breast involvement in relation to Cowden syndrome: a radiological and clinicopathological study of patients with PTEN germ-line mutations,” European Radiology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 702–706, 2006.
- M. Kriege, C. T. M. Brekelmans, C. Boetes et al., “Efficacy of MRI and mammography for breast-cancer screening in women with a familial or genetic predisposition,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 351, no. 5, pp. 427–519, 2004.
- D. Saslow, C. Boetes, W. Burke et al., “American Cancer Society guidelines for breast screening with MRI as an adjunct to mammography,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 75–89, 2007.
- Hereditary tumors, “Guidelines for diagnosis and prevention,” Foundation for the detection of hereditary tumors and Clinical Genetics Dutch Association, 2010.