- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 652469, 4 pages
Transcatheter Embolization for Giant Splenic Artery Aneurisms: Still an Open Question
1Unit of Liver Transplantation, Department of Digestive Disease and Internal Medicine, 40138 Sant'Orsola-Malpighi, Italy
2Department of Emergency/Urgency, General Surgery and Transplantation, 40138 Sant’Orsola-Malpighi, Italy
Received 3 May 2012; Accepted 24 June 2012
Academic Editors: A. Agrawal and B. J. Barron
Copyright © 2012 Marianna Mastroroberto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. C. Madoff, A. Denys, M. J. Wallace et al., “Splenic arterial interventions: anatomy, indications, technical considerations, and potential complications,” Radiographics, vol. 25, pp. S191–S211, 2005.
- F. Manenti and R. Williams, “Injection studies of the splenic vasculature in portal hypertension,” Gut, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 175–180, 1966.
- L. Kóbori, M. J. van der Kolk, K. P. de Jong et al., “Splenic artery aneurysms in liver transplant patients,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 890–893, 1997.
- S. Yamamoto, S. Hirota, H. Maeda et al., “Transcatheter coil embolization of splenic artery aneurysm,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 527–534, 2008.
- S. A. Berceli, “Hepatic and splenic artery aneurysms,” Seminars in Vascular Surgery, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 196–201, 2005.
- E. N. Brountzos, K. Vagenas, S. C. Apostolopoulou, I. Panagiotou, D. Lymberopoulou, and D. A. Kelekis, “Pancreatitis-associated splenic artery pseudoaneurysm: endovascular treatment with self-expandable stent-grafts,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 88–91, 2003.
- R. K. Hung, C. Loh, and L. Goldstein, “Selective use of electrolytic detachable and fibered coils to embolize a wide-neck giant splenic artery pseudoaneurysm,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 889–892, 2005.
- J. Roland, F. Brody, and A. Venbrux, “Endovascular management of a splenic artery aneurysm,” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 459–461, 2007.
- C. T. Bakhos, B. C. McIntosh, F. A. Nukta et al., “Staged arterial embolization and surgical resection of a giant splenic artery aneurysm,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 208–210, 2007.
- R. Pappy, C. Sech, and T. A. Hennebry, “Giant splenic artery aneurysm: managed in the cardiovascular catheterization laboratory using the modified neck remodeling technique,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 590–594, 2010.