- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 134106, 5 pages
Etanercept-Induced Myelopathy in a Pediatric Case of Blau Syndrome
1Pediatric Rheumatology Department, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, P. Vall d'Hebron 119-129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
2Pediatric Neurology Department, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, P. Vall d'Hebron 119-129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
3Pediatric Radiology Department, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, P. Vall d'Hebron 119-129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
4Pediatric Emergency Department, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, P. Vall d'Hebron 119-129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Received 15 November 2011; Accepted 25 December 2011
Academic Editor: D. Aeberli
Copyright © 2011 Fabiola Caracseghi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Rigante, “Autoinflammatory syndromes behind the scenes of recurrent fevers in children,” Medical Science Monitor, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. RA179–RA187, 2009.
- J. I. Aróstegui and J. Yagüe, “Hereditary systemic autoinflammatory diseases. Hereditary periodic fever syndromes,” Medicina Clinica, vol. 129, no. 7, pp. 267–277, 2007.
- L. Punzi, A. Furlan, M. Podswiadek et al., “Clinical and genetic aspects of Blau syndrome: a 25-year follow-up of one family and a literature review,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 228–232, 2009.
- A. Emaminia, M. Nabavi, M. M. Nasab, and S. Kashef, “Central nervous system involvement in Blau syndrome: a new feature of the syndrome?” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 2504–2505, 2007.
- A. G. Tristano, “Neurological adverse events associated with anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha treatment,” Journal of Neurology, vol. 257, no. 9, pp. 1421–1431, 2010.
- N. Al Saieg and M. J. Luzar, “Etanercept induced multiple sclerosis and transverse myelitis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1202–1204, 2006.
- N. L. Sicotte and R. R. Voskuhl, “Onset of multiple sclerosis associated with anti-TNF therapy,” Neurology, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 1885–1888, 2001.
- C. J. van der Laken, W. F. Lems, R. M. van Soesbergen, J. J. van der Sande, and B. A. C. Dijkmans, “Paraplegia in a patient receiving anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy for rheumatoid arthritis: comment on the article by Mohan et al,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 269–270, 2003.
- N. Mohan, E. T. Edwards, T. R. Cupps et al., “Demyelination occurring during anti-tumor necrosis factor α therapy for inflammatory arthritides,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 2862–2869, 2001.
- P. Lozeron, C. Denier, C. Lacroix, and D. Adams, “Long-term course of demyelinating neuropathies occurring during tumor necrosis factor-α-blocker therapy,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 490–497, 2009.
- L. Klareskog, M. Gaubitz, V. Rodriguez-Valverde, M. Malaise, M. Dougados, and J. Wajdula, “A long-term, open-label trial of the safety and efficacy of etanercept (Enbrel) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis not treated with other disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 1578–1584, 2006.
- S. Kunzmann, M. Warmuth-Metz, and H. J. Girschick, “Cerebral demyelination in association with TNF-inhibition therapy in a 5-year-old girl with aseptic meningitis as the first symptom of Still's disease,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 76–78, 2005.