- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 402483, 6 pages
A Patient of Lupus Presenting with Myocarditis and Overlapping Autoimmune Hepatitis
Department of Medicine, Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College, 138 AJC Bose Road, West Bengal, Kolkata 700014, India
Received 8 August 2011; Accepted 27 September 2011
Academic Editors: A. Giusti and T. C. Hsu
Copyright © 2011 P. Chattopadhyay et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Wijetunga and S. Rockson, “Myocarditis in systemic lupus erythematosus,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 419–423, 2002.
- Z. Sasson, Y. Rasooly, Chung Wai Chow, S. Marshall, and M. B. Urowitz, “Impairment of left ventricular diastolic function in systemic lupus erythematosus,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 69, no. 19, pp. 1629–1634, 1992.
- D. Jain and M. K. Halushka, “Cardiac pathology of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 62, no. 7, pp. 584–592, 2009.
- M. J. Davies and D. E. Ward, “How can myocarditis be diagnosed and should it be treated?” British Heart Journal, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 346–347, 1992.
- A. M. Feldman and D. McNamara, “Myocarditis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 343, no. 19, pp. 1388–1398, 2000.
- W. G. Law, B. Y. Thong, T. Y. Lian, K. O. Kong, and H. H. Chng, “Acute lupus myocarditis: clinical features and outcome of an oriental case series,” Lupus, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 827–831, 2005.
- S. Kalke, C. Balakrishanan, G. Mangat, G. Mittal, N. Kumar, and V. R. Joshi, “Echocardiography in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Lupus, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 540–544, 1998.
- W. H. Leung, K. L. Wong, C. P. Lau, C. K. Wong, and H. W. Liu, “Association between antiphospholipid antibodies and cardiac abnormalities in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 411–419, 1990.
- M. Apte, G. McGwin Jr., L. M. Vilá, R. A. Kaslow, G. S. Alarcón, and J. D. Reveille, “Associated factors and impact of myocarditis in patients with SLE from LUMINA, a multiethnic US cohort,” Rheumatology, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 362–367, 2008.
- G. Berg, J. Bodet, and K. Webb, “Systemic lupus erythematosus presenting as isolated congestive heart failure,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1182–1185, 1985.
- K. Sandrasegaran, C. W. F. Clarke, and V. Nagendran, “Sub-clinical systemic lupus erythematosus presenting with acute myocarditis,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 68, no. 800, pp. 475–478, 1992.
- P. J. Maddison, T. T. Provost, and M. Reichlin, “Serological findings in patients with “ANA-negative” systemic lupus erythematosus,” Medicine, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 87–94, 1981.
- D. Logar, T. Kveder, B. Rozman, and J. Dobovisek, “Possible association between anti-Ro antibodies and myocarditis or cardiac conduction defects in adults with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 627–629, 1990.
- S. C. Smith, J. H. Ladenson, J. W. Mason, and A. S. Jaffe, “Elevations of cardiac troponin I associated with myocarditis: experimental and clinical correlates,” Circulation, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 163–168, 1997.
- S. Praprotnik, D. Ferluga, A. Vizjak, A. Hvala, T. Avčin, and B. Rozman, “Microthrombotic/microangiopathic manifestations of the antiphospholipid syndrome,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, vol. 36, no. 2-3, pp. 109–125, 2009.
- M. West, H. E. Jasin, and S. Medhekar, “The development of connective tissue diseases in patients with autoimmune hepatitis: a case series,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 344–348, 2006.
- B. A. Leggett, “The liver in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 84–88, 1993.
- B. A. Runyon, D. R. LaBrecque, and S. Anuras, “The spectrum of liver disease in systemic lupus erythematosus. Report of 33 histologically-proved cases and review of the literature,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 187–194, 1980.
- I. R. Mackay, “Hepatic diseases and systemic lupus erythematosus,” in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, R. G. Lahita, Ed., pp. 747–763, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 3rd edition, 1999.
- T. Gibson and A. R. Myers, “Subclinical liver disease in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 752–759, 1981.
- A. J. Czaja and D. K. Freese, “Diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune hepatitis,” Hepatology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 479–497, 2002.
- S. Hall, A. J. Czaja, and D. K. Kaufman, “How lupoid is lupoid hepatitis?” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 95–98, 1986.
- D. Vergani and G. Mieli-Vergani, “Autoimmune hepatitis,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 241–247, 2003.
- T. Atsumi, A. Sagawa, S. Jodo et al., “Severe hepatic involvement without inflammatory changes in systemic lupus erythematosus: report of two cases and review of the literature,” Lupus, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 225–228, 1995.
- K. Tsuchiya, K. Kiyosawa, H. Imai, T. Sodeyama, and S. Furuta, “Detection of anti-double and anti-single stranded DNA antibodies in chronic liver disease: significance of anti-double stranded DNA antibody in autoimmune hepatitis,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 152–158, 1994.
- L. Li, M. Nishioka, D. Y. Huang, and M. Nishioka, “Frequency and significance of antibodies to chromatin in autoimmune hepatitis type I,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1176–1182, 2000.
- J. Tojo, H. Ohira, K. Abe et al., “Autoimmune hepatitis accompanied by systemic lupus erythematosus,” Internal Medicine, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 258–262, 2004.
- F. Alvarez, P. A. Berg, F. B. Bianchi, et al., “International Autoimmune Hepatitis Group Report: review of criteria for diagnosis of autoimmune hepatitis,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 929–938, 1999.
- H. E. Turner, M. F. Myszor, A. Bradlow, and J. David, “Lupus or lupoid hepatitis with mesenteric vasculitis,” British Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 1309–1311, 1996.
- R. A. Apak, N. Beşbaş, S. Özdemir, H. Özen, A. Bakkaloǧlu, and Ü. Saatçi, “Hepatitis as the presenting symptom of childhood systemic lupus erythematosus,” Turkish Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 541–544, 1999.
- T. Satoh, M. Hirakata, T. Yoshida et al., “Systemic lupus erythematosus associated with autoimmune hepatitis two cases with novel autoantibodies to transfer RNA-related antigens,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 305–309, 1997.
- Y. Usta, F. Gurakan, Z. Akcoren, and S. Ozen, “An overlap syndrome involving autoimmune hepatitis and systemic lupus erythematosus in childhood,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 19, pp. 2764–2767, 2007.