- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 253693, 6 pages
Tophaceous Gout of the Patella: A Report of Two Cases
1Trauma and Orthopaedics, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 84 Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
2Radiology, Glasgow Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
3Pathology, Glasgow Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
Received 3 October 2012; Accepted 19 October 2012
Academic Editors: R. Cevik, U. Gresser, and M. A. Hunt
Copyright © 2012 Graeme Hopper et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Aboulafia, B. Prickett, and L. Giltman, “Displaced pathological patella fracture due to gout,” Orthopedics, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 543–545, 1999.
- P. Engelhardt and F. Buschor, “Pathological fracture of the patella secondary to gout, a case report,” Zeitschrift fur Rheumatologie, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 241–243, 1993.
- H. Enomoto, N. Nagosi, E. Okada, N. Ota, S. Iwabu, and S. Kamiishi, “Hemilaterally symptomatic bipartite patella associated with bone erosions arising from a gouty tophus: a case report,” Knee, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 474–477, 2006.
- R. Espinosa-Morales and A. Escalante, “Gout presenting as non-union of a patellar fracture,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1421–1422, 1997.
- D. C. Greenberg, “Pathological fracture of the patella secondary to gout. A case report,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 1286–1288, 1986.
- M. J. Kransdorf, R. P. Moser, T. N. Vinh, J. Aoki, and J. J. Callaghan, “Primary tumors of the patella: a review of 42 cases,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 365–371, 1989.
- R. L. Linscheid and D. C. Dahlin, “Unusual lesions of the patella,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1359–1366, 1966.
- M. Mercuri and R. Casadei, “Patellar tumors,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 389, pp. 35–46, 2001.
- P. Melloni, R. Valls, M. Yuguero, and M. Larrosa, “Unusual imaging manifestations of intraosseous tophaceous gout of the patella,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 959–961, 2005.
- L. U. Peloquin, “Graham JH. Gout of the patella, report of a case,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 253, no. 22, pp. 979–980, 1955.
- M. D. Price, R. F. Padera, M. B. Harris, and M. S. Vrahas, “Pathologic fracture of the patella from a gouty tophus,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 445, pp. 250–253, 2006.
- P. Reber, X. Crevoisier, and B. Noesberger, “Unusual localisation of tophaceous gout: a report of four cases and review of the literature,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 297–299, 1996.
- M. P. Recht, F. Seragini, J. Kramer, M. K. Dalinka, K. Hurtgen, and D. Resnick, “Isolated or dominant lesions of the patella in gout: a report of seven patients,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 113–116, 1994.
- N. Schlesinger, J. M. Norquist, and D. J. Watson, “Serum urate during acute gout,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1287–1289, 2009.
- J. Singh, S. L. James, H. M. Kroon, K. Woertler, S. E. Anderson, and A. M. Davies, “Tumour and tumour-like lesions of the patella—a multicentre experience,” European Radiology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 701–712, 2009.