- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 406963, 4 pages
Remission Achieved in Refractory Advanced Takayasu Arteritis Using Rituximab
1Clinic of Immunology and Rheumatology, Medical School Hannover, Carl-Neuberg-Straße 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
2Department of Pneumology, Medical School Hannover, Carl-Neuberg-Straße 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Received 16 August 2012; Accepted 18 September 2012
Academic Editors: S. S. Koca, J. Mikdashi, P. Njobvu, and F. Schiavon
Copyright © 2012 D. Ernst et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. P. Arend, B. A. Michel, D. A. Bloch et al., “The American College of Rheumatology 1990 criteria for the classification of Takayasu arteritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1129–1134, 1990.
- C. Mukhtyar, L. Guillevin, M. C. Cid et al., “EULAR recommendations for the management of large vessel vasculitis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 318–323, 2009.
- B. Hoyer, I. Mumatz, K. Loddenkemper, A. Bruns, C. Sengler, and K. Hermann, “Takayasu arteritis is charachterised by disturbances of B-cell homeostasis and responds to B-Cell depletion with rituximab,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 71, pp. 71–79, 2012.
- G. S. Kerr, C. W. Hallahan, J. Giordano et al., “Takayasu arteritis,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 120, no. 11, pp. 919–929, 1994.
- C. Salvarani, L. Magnani, M. Catanoso, N. Pipitone, A. Versari, and L. Dardani, “Tocilizumab: a novel therapy for patients with large-vessel vasculitis,” Rheumatology, vol. 51, pp. 51–56, 2012.
- A. Mekinian, A. Néel, J. Sibilia, P. Cohen, J. Connault, and M. Lambert, “Efficacy and tolerance of infliximab in refractory Takayasu arteritis: French multicentre study,” Rheumatology, vol. 51, pp. 882–886, 2012.
- N. T. Baerlecken, A. Linnemann, W. L. Gross, et al., “Association of ferritin autoantibodies with giant cell arteritis/polymyalgia rheumatica,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, no. 71, pp. 943–947, 2012.