- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 672959, 4 pages
Intestinal Infarction and Portal Vein Thrombosis in a Patient with Henoch Schonlein Purpura
1Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
2Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
3Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 13 September 2012
Academic Editors: D. Aeberli, D. R. Alpert, R. Cevik, A. Chalmers, A. Giusti, and C. Schubert
Copyright © 2012 Mekdess Abebe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. T. Saulsbury, “Clinical update: Henoch-Schönlein purpura,” Lancet, vol. 369, no. 9566, pp. 976–978, 2007.
- R. Blanco, V. M. Martínez-Taboada, V. Rodríguez-Valverde, M. García-Fuentes, and M. A. González-Gay, “Henoch-Schonlein purpura in adulthood and childhood: two different expressions of the same syndrome,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 859–864, 1997.
- E. Pillebout, E. Thervet, G. Hill, C. Alberti, P. Vanhille, and D. Nochy, “Henoch-Schönlein Purpura in adults: outcome and prognostic factors,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1271–1278, 2002.
- Y. Zhang and X. Huang, “Gastrointestinal involvement in Henoch-Schönlein purpura,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1038–1043, 2008.
- D. H. Akbar, “Fatal complication of Henoch-Schonlein purpura: case report and literature review,” Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 165–168, 2000.
- E. C. Ebert, “Gastrointestinal manifestations of Henoch-Schonlein purpura,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 2011–2019, 2008.
- P. Carmichael, E. Brun, S. Jayawardene, A. Abdulkadir, and P. J. O'Donnell, “A fatal case of bowel and cardiac involvement in Henoch-Schönlein purpura,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 497–499, 2002.
- A. Hamzaoui, W. Melki, O. Harzallah, L. Njim, R. Klii, and S. Mahjoub, “Gastrointestinal involvement revealing Henoch Schonlein purpura in adults: report of three cases and review of the literature,” International Archives of Medicine, vol. 4, no. 1, Article ID Article number31, 2011.
- S. Kato, K. Ebina, H. Naganuma, S. I. Sato, S. I. Maisawa, and H. Nakagawa, “Intestinal IgA deposition in Henoch-Schönlein purpura with severe gastro-intestinal manifestations,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 91–95, 1996.
- A. B. Sohagia, S. G. Gunturu, T. R. Tong, and H. I. Hertan, “Henoch-schonlein purpura—a case report and review of the literature,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2010, Article ID 597648, 7 pages, 2010.
- S. J. Choi, S. K. Park, W. S. Uhm et al., “A case of refractory Henoch-Schönlein purpura treated with thalidomide,” The Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 270–273, 2002.
- P. S. Kellerman, “Henoch-Schönlein purpura in adults,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1009–1016, 2006.
- A. A. Nikibakhsh, H. Mahmoodzadeh, M. Karamyyar et al., “Treatment of complicated henoch-schnlein purpura with mycophenolate mofetil: a retrospective case series report,” International Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 2010, Article ID 254316, 2010.
- E. Pillebout, C. Alberti, L. Guillevin, A. Ouslimani, and E. Thervet, “Addition of cyclophosphamide to steroids provides no benefit compared with steroids alone in treating adult patients with severe Henoch Schönlein Purpura,” Kidney International, vol. 78, no. 5, pp. 495–502, 2010.