- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 720297, 5 pages
Streptococcus agalactiae Septic Arthritis of the Shoulder and the Sacroiliac Joints: A Case Report
1General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, P.O. Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
2Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, P.O. Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
3Weill Cornell Medical School, Hamad Medical Corporation, P.O. Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
4Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Received 26 May 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editors: R. Cevik and T. C. Hsu
Copyright © 2012 Yahia Z. Imam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Le Dantec, F. Maury, R. M. Flipo, et al., “Les arthrites septiques périphériques à germes banals étude d’une série de 179 observations,” Revue Du Rhumatisme, vol. 63, pp. 109–116, 1996 (French).
- J. J. Dubost, M. Soubrier, C. De Champs, J. M. Ristori, and B. Sauvezie, “Streptococcal septic arthritis in adults. A study of 55 cases with a literature review,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 303–311, 2004.
- A. Schuchat and J. D. Wenger, “Epidemiology of group B streptococcal disease: Risk factors, prevention strategies, and vaccine development,” Epidemiologic Reviews, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 374–402, 1994.
- J. A. Regan, M. A. Klebanoff, R. P. Nugent et al., “Colonization with group B streptococci in pregnancy and adverse outcome,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 174, no. 4, pp. 1354–1360, 1996.
- D. R. Feikin, P. Thorsen, S. Zywicki, M. Arpi, J. G. Westergaard, and A. Schuchat, “Association between colonization with group B streptococci during pregnancy and preterm delivery among Danish women,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 427–433, 2001.
- M. A. Krohn, S. L. Hillier, and C. J. Baker, “Maternal peripartum complications associated with vaginal group B streptococci colonization,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 179, no. 6, pp. 1410–1415, 1999.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease: a public health perspective,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 45, no. RR-7, pp. 1–24, 1996.
- A. Schattner and K. L. Vosti, “Bacterial arthritis due to beta-hemolytic Streptococci of serogroups A, B, C, F, and G: analysis of 23 cases and a review of the literature,” Medicine, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 122–139, 1998.
- J. M. Nolla, C. Gómez-Vaquero, X. Corbella et al., “Group B Streptococcus (Streptococcus agalactiae) pyogenic arthritis in nonpregnant adults,” Medicine, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 119–128, 2003.
- A. Binard, V. Devauchelle, K. Goulesque, S. Jousse, and A. Saraux, “Group B streptococcal arthritis,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 465–468, 2006.
- C. B. Small, L. N. Slater, and F. D. Lowy, “Group B streptococcal arthritis in adults,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 367–375, 1984.
- S. García, A. Combalía, and J. M. Segur, “Septic arthritis of the shoulder due to Streptococcus agalactiae,” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 66–68, 1996.
- S. Casallo Blanco, A. I. Muñoz Ruiz, F. Marcos Sánchez, A. Aragón Díez, and A. I. Franco Moreno, “Polyarthritis and vertebral osteomyelitis due to Streptococcus agalactiae,” Revista Clinica Espanola, vol. 205, no. 12, p. 630, 2005.
- A. M. Ramsay, “Puerperal infection associated with haemolytic streptococci other than Lancefield's group A,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the British Commonwealth, vol. 48, pp. 569–585, 1941.
- B. Elgefors, “Another 2 cases of group B streptococcal sacroiliitis,” Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 34, no. 5, p. 399, 2002.
- M. Jedwab, S. Ovadia, and M. Dan, “Pyogenic sacroiliitis in pregnancy,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 303–304, 1999.
- U. Järvholm, B. R. Bergman, and B. Elgefors, “Bacterial infection of the sacroiliac joint,” Lakartidningen, vol. 81, no. 22, pp. 2278–2279, 1984.
- G. Gordon and S. A. Kabins, “Pyogenic sacroiliitis,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 50–56, 1980.
- G. Matfin, P. Mahfood, P. M. Wallach, and H. M. Adelman, “Arthralgias following dilation and curettage,” Hospital Practice, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 31–34, 1998.
- C. Perret, B. Hoen, A. Gerard, P. Canton, and J. B. Dureux, “Group B streptococcal sacroiliitis in a patient,” Presse Medicale, vol. 20, no. 22, pp. 1048–1049, 1991.
- H. Corominas, P. Domingo, J. M. Llobet, F. Caballero, C. Díaz, and G. Vázquez, “Group B streptococcal sacroiliitis: case report and review,” Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 708–710, 2001.
- P. Y. C. Lee, V. Jasani, and R. Bendall, “Group B haemolytic streptococcal sacro-iliitis,” Journal of Infection, vol. 30, no. 3, p. 263, 1995.
- R. A. Yood and K. Kronlund, “An uncommon cause of acute leg and buttock pain,” Hospital Practice, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 109–110, 1994.
- B. Zimmermann, D. J. Mikolich, and E. V. Lally, “Septic sacroiliitis,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 592–604, 1996.
- N. K. Pandya, K. Z. Accardi, and C. Israelite, “Septic arthritis of the hip following group B Streptococcal psoas abscess in a postpartum patient resulting in total hip arthroplasty,” The Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery, vol. 6, no. 2, 2007.
- C. L. F. Chau and J. F. Griffith, “Musculoskeletal infections: ultrasound appearances,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 149–159, 2005.
- J. Tehranzadeh, F. Wang, and M. Mesgarzadeh, “Magnetic resonance imaging of osteomyletis,” Critical Reviews in Diagnostic Imaging, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 495–534, 1992.
- M. Karchevsky, M. E. Schweitzer, W. B. Morrison, and J. A. Parellada, “MRI findings of septic arthritis and associated osteomyelitis in adults,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 119–122, 2004.