- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 785028, 3 pages
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Swine Influenza Vaccine: A Case Report
1Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
2Division of Rheumatology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Received 3 April 2012; Accepted 15 June 2012
Academic Editors: D. Aeberli, J. V. Dunne, and F. Schiavon
Copyright © 2012 Gurjot Basra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. E. Gabriel, “The epidemiology of rheumatoid arthritis,” Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 269–281, 2001.
- N. de Vries, H. Tijssen, P. L. C. M. van Riel, and L. B. A. van de Putte, “Reshaping the shared epitope hypothesis: HLA-associated risk for rheumatoid arthritis is encoded by amino acid substitutions at positions 67-74 of the HLA-DRB1 molecule,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 921–928, 2002.
- A. Schattner, “Consequence or coincidence? The occurrence, pathogenesis and significance of autoimmune manifestations after viral vaccines,” Vaccine, vol. 23, no. 30, pp. 3876–3886, 2005.
- L. T. Kurland, C. A. Molgaard, and E. M. Kurland, “Lack of association of swine flu vaccine and rheumatoid arthritis,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 816–821, 1984.
- S. Salemi and R. D'Amelio, “Could autoimmunity be induced by vaccination,” International Reviews of Immunology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 247–269, 2010.
- V. Ferrazzi, C. Jorgensen, and J. Sany, “Inflammatory joint disease after immunizations: a report of two cases,” Revue du Rhumatisme, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 227–232, 1997.
- F. Conti, S. Rezai, and G. Valesini, “Vaccination and autoimmune rheumatic diseases,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 124–128, 2008.