- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 836930, 3 pages
Polymyositis following Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) and 2009-10 Seasonal Trivalent Vaccines
1Rheumatology Unit, Azienda Policlinico-Universitaria Policlinico di Modena, Via del Pozzo 71, 41124 Modena, Italy
2Rheumatology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia and Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria Policlinico di Modena, Via del Pozzo 71, 41124 Modena, Italy
3Critical Care Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria Policlinico di Modena, Modena, Italy
Received 21 May 2012; Accepted 19 June 2012
Academic Editors: G. S. Alarcon, H. Alexanderson, J. C. Nossent, and M. Salazar-Paramo
Copyright © 2012 Clodoveo Ferri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Black, J. Eskola, C. A. Siegrist et al., “Importance of background rates of disease in assessment of vaccine safety during mass immunisation with pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccines,” The Lancet, vol. 374, no. 9707, pp. 2115–2122, 2009.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “Safety of influenza A, (H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccines—United States, October 1-November 24, 2009,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 58, pp. 1351–1356, 2009.
- E. Plennevaux, E. Sheldon, M. Blatter, M. K. Reeves-Hoché, and M. Denis, “Immune response after a single vaccination against 2009 influenza A H1N1 in USA: a preliminary report of two randomised controlled phase 2 trials,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9708, pp. 41–48, 2010.
- X. F. Liang, L. Li, D. W. Liu, et al., “Safety of influenza A, (H1N1) vaccine in postmarketing surveillance in China,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 364, no. 7, pp. 638–647, 2011.
- Z. Vajo, F. Tamas, L. Sinka, and I. Jankovics, “Safety and immunogenicity of a 2009 pandemic influenza A H1N1 vaccine when administered alone or simultaneously with the seasonal influenza vaccine for the 2009-10 influenza season: a multicentre, randomised controlled trial,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9708, pp. 49–55, 2010.
- F. L. Mastaglia and B. A. Phillips, “Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: epidemiology, classification, and diagnostic criteria,” Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 723–741, 2002.
- M. Gaubitz, “Epidemiology of connective tissue disorders,” Rheumatology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. iii3–iii4, 2006.
- F. M. Jani, J. P. Gray, and J. Lanham, “Influenza vaccine and dermatomyositis,” Vaccine, vol. 12, no. 15, article 1484, 1994.
- H. Orbach and A. Tanay, “Vaccines as a trigger for myopathies,” Lupus, vol. 18, no. 13, pp. 1213–1216, 2009.
- M. C. Dalakas, “Pathophysiology of inflammatory and autoimmune myopathies,” Presse Medicale, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. e237–e247, 2011.