- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 907402, 3 pages
Chorea as the First and Only Manifestation of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
1Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine, Hamad General Hospital, Doha, Qatar
2Department of Medicine, Hamad General Hospital, Doha, Qatar
Received 19 June 2012; Accepted 23 August 2012
Academic Editors: G. S. Alarcon, A. Chalmers, C. Orellana, and G. J. Tsay
Copyright © 2012 Abdul Razzakh Poil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Postal, L. T. Costallat, and S. Appenzeller, “Neuropsychiatric manifestations in systemic lupus erythematosus: epidemiology, pathophysiology and management,” CNS Drugs, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 721–736, 2011.
- M. Vadacca, F. Buzzulini, A. Rigon et al., “Neuropsychiatric lupus erythematosus,” Reumatismo, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 177–186, 2006.
- A. M. Walker, D. M. Kaufman, C. R. Pfeffer, and G. E. Solomon, Child and Adolescent Neurology for Psychiatrists, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- M. L. Ishimori, B. D. Pressman, D. J. Wallace, and M. H. Weisman, “Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome: another manifestation of CNS SLE?” Lupus, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 436–443, 2007.
- A. I. Quintero-Del-Rio and V. Miller, “Neurologic symptoms in children with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Child Neurology, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 803–807, 2000.
- J. F. Baizabal-Carvallo, M. Alonso-Juarez, and M. Koslowski, “Chorea in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 69–72, 2011.
- M. A. Khamashta, A. Gil, B. Anciones et al., “Chorea in systemic lupus erythematosus: association with antiphospholipid antibodies,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 681–683, 1988.
- N. M. Orzechowski, A. P. Wolanskyj, J. E. Ahlskog, N. Kumar, and K. G. Moder, “Antiphospholipid antibody-associated chorea,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 2165–2170, 2008.
- R. Cervera, R. A. Asherson, J. Font et al., “Chorea in the antiphospholipid syndrome: clinical, radiologic, and immunologic characteristics of 50 patients from our clinics and the recent literature,” Medicine, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 203–212, 1997.
- W. Egner, “The use of laboratory tests in the diagnosis of SLE,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 424–432, 2000.
- P. Migliorini, C. Baldini, V. Rocchi, and S. Bombardieri, “Anti-Sm and anti-RNP antibodies,” Autoimmunity, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 47–54, 2005.
- J. van der Grond, T. W. J. Huizinga, B. J. Emmer et al., “Neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus: lessons learned from magnetic resonance imaging,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 722–732, 2011.
- G. K. Bertsias, J. P. A. Ioannidis, M. Aringer et al., “EULAR recommendations for the management of systemic lupus erythematosus with neuropsychiatric manifestations: report of a task force of the EULAR standing committee for clinical affairs,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 2074–2082, 2010.