- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 173680, 3 pages
Jejunojejunal Intussusception Induced by a Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor
Istishari Hospital, The University of Jordan, P.O. Box 13261, Amman 11942, Jordan
Received 10 October 2012; Accepted 25 October 2012
Academic Editors: S.-i. Kosugi and M. Nikfarjam
Copyright © 2012 Ali H. Zakaria and Salam Daradkeh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Azar and D. L. Berger, “Adult intussusception,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 226, pp. 134–138, 1997.
- D. G. Begos, A. Sandor, and I. M. Modlin, “The diagnosis and management of adult intussusception,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 88–94, 1997.
- G. Gayer, S. Apter, C. Hofmann et al., “Intussusception in adults: CT diagnosis,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 53–57, 1998.
- L. T. Wang, C. C. Wu, J. C. Yu, C. W. Hsiao, C. C. Hsu, and S. W. Jao, “Clinical entity and treatment strategies for adult intussusceptions: 20 years' experience,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1941–1949, 2007.
- L. K. Eisen, J. D. Cunningham, and A. H. Aufses Jr., “Intussusception in adults: institutional review,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 188, no. 4, pp. 390–395, 1999.
- D. L. Weissberg, W. Scheible, and G. R. Leopold, “Ultrasonographic appearance of adult intussusception,” Radiology, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 791–792, 1977.
- L. M. Hurwitz and S. L. Gertler, “Colonoscopic diagnosis of ileocolic intussusception,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 217–218, 1986.
- J. Bar-Ziv and A. Solomon, “Computed tomography in adult intussusception,” Gastrointestinal Radiology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 264–266, 1991.
- M. Barussaud, N. Regenet, X. Briennon et al., “Clinical spectrum and surgical approach of adult intussusceptions: a multicentric study,” International Journal of Colorectal Disease, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 834–839, 2006.
- H. Yamada, T. Morita, M. Fujita, Y. Miyasaka, N. Senmaru, and T. Oshikiri, “Adult intussusception due to enteric neoplasms,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 764–766, 2007.
- T. Tran, J. A. Davila, and H. B. El-Serag, “The epidemiology of malignant gastrointestinal stromal tumors: an analysis of 1,458 cases from 1992 to 2000,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 162–168, 2005.
- M. Miettinen and J. Lasota, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumors—definition, clinical, histological, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic features and differential diagnosis,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 438, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2001.
- R. P. DeMatteo, J. J. Lewis, D. Leung, S. S. Mudan, J. M. Woodruff, and M. F. Brennan, “Two hundred gastrointestinal stromal tumors: recurrence patterns and prognostic factors for survival,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 231, no. 1, pp. 51–58, 2000.
- W. L. Yang, J. R. Yu, Y. J. Wu et al., “Duodenal gastrointestinal stromal tumor: clinical, pathologic, immunohistochemical characteristics, and surgical prognosis,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 100, no. 7, pp. 606–610, 2009.
- M. Miettinen, H. Makhlouf, L. H. Sobin, and J. Lasota, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the jejunum and ileum: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic study of 906 cases before imatinib with long-term follow-up,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 477–489, 2006.