- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 483431, 3 pages
Myiasis as a Rare Complication of Male Circumcision: A Case Report and Review of Literature
1Upazilla Health Complex, Bamna, Barguna 8700, Bangladesh
2Surgery Unit-III, Department of Surgery, Dhaka Medical College Hospital, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
3Surgery Unit-IV, Department of Surgery, Shaheed Suhrawardy Hospital, Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh
Received 12 June 2012; Accepted 27 August 2012
Academic Editors: T. Çolak, F.-M. Haecker, and J. M. Strzelczyk
Copyright © 2012 Muhammad Rajib Hossain et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- WHO/UNAIDS, Male Circumcision: Global Trends and Determinants of Prevalence, Safety and Acceptability, World Health Organization, 2008.
- G. W. Kaplan, “Complications of circumcision,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 543–549, 1983.
- G. R. Gluckman, M. L. Stoller, M. M. Jacobs, and B. A. Kogan, “Newborn penile glans amputation during circumcision and successful reattachment,” Journal of Urology, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 778–779, 1995.
- A. Y. Al-Samarrai, A. B. Mofti, S. J. Crankson, A. Jawad, K. Haque, and A. Al-Meshari, “A review of a Plastibell device in neonatal circumcision in 2,000 instances,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 167, no. 4, pp. 341–343, 1988.
- M. Hall JR, Screwworm flies as agents of wound myiasis, World Animal Review, Special Issue “New World Screwworm: Response to an Emergency”: pp. 8–17, 1991.
- C. F. Ockenhouse, C. P. Samlaska, P. M. Benson et al., “Cutaneous myiasis caused by the African tumbu fly (Cordylobia anthropophaga),” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 199–202, 1990.
- D. T. John and W. A. Petri, Markell and Voge's Medical Parasitology, Saunders Elsevier, Missouri, Mo, USA, 9th edition, 2006.
- N. Wiliams and L. Kapila, “Complications of circumcision,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 80, no. 10, pp. 1231–1236, 1993.
- “Complications of circumcision in male neonates, infants and children: a systematic review,” BMC Urology, vol. 10, article 2, 2010.
- P. P. Sharma, “Sutureless circumcision: wound closure after circumcision with cynoacrylate glue—a preliminary Indian study,” Indian Journal of Surgery, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 286–288, 2004.
- C. L. Mattson, R. Muga, R. Poulussen, T. Onyango, and R. C. Bailey, “Feasibility of medical male circumcision in Nyanza Province, Kenya,” East African Medical Journal, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 230–235, 2004.
- V. Mayatula and T. R. Mavundla, “A review on male circumcision procedures among South African blacks,” Curationis, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 16–20, 1997.