- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 654282, 3 pages
“Primary Omental Hydatid Cyst”: A Rare Entity
1Department of G.I Surgery, Jagjivanram Hospital, Maratha Mandir Lane, Mumbai 40008, India
2Department of General Surgery, B.Y.L Nair Hospital, Mumbai 40008, India
3Department of General Surgery, Jagjivanram Hospital, Maratha Mandir Lane, Mumbai 40008, India
Received 30 April 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editors: M. Gorlitzer, O. Olsha, and M. Zafrakas
Copyright © 2012 Shailesh Sable et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Sekmenli, M. Koplay, and A. Sezgin, “Isolated omental hydatid cyst: clinical, radiologic, and pathologic findings,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1041–1043, 2009.
- S. K. Sethi, S. Patnaik, Narayan, and S. N. Nayak, “Isolated omental hydatid cyst—a case report,” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 102, no. 11, pp. 644–646, 2004.
- R. A. Wani, A. A. Malik, N. A. Chowdri, K. A. Wani, and S. H. Naqash, “Primary extrahepatic abdominal hydatidosis,” International Journal of Surgery, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 125–127, 2005.
- D. L. Morris and K. S. Richards, Biology of Echinococcus. Hydatid Disease. Current Medical and Surgical Management, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK, 1992.
- A. T. Ilica, M. Kocaoglu, N. Zeybek et al., “Extrahepatic abdominal hydatid disease caused by Echinococcus granulosus: imaging findings,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 189, no. 2, pp. 337–343, 2007.
- M. Uramatsu, Y. Saida, J. Nagao et al., “Omental cyst: report of a case,” Surgery Today, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1104–1106, 2001.
- T. Annandale, “Case of large hydatid tumour of the Omentum treated successfully by a free incision, with antiseptic precautions,” British Medical Journal, vol. 27, p. 99, 1877.
- H. Alis, S. Kapan, O. Öner et al., “Primary omental hydatid cyst,” International Medical Case Reports Journal, vol. 1, pp. 7–10, 2009.
- K. J. Rathod, S. Lyndogh, R. P. Kanojia, and K. L. Rao, “Multiple primary omental hydatid: rare site for a common infestation,” Tropical Gastroenterology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 134–136, 2011.
- D. Filippou, D. Tselepis, G. Filippou, and V. Papadopoulos, “Advances in Liver Echinococcosis: diagnosis and Treatment,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 152–159, 2007.
- A. Bickel, N. Loberant, J. Singer-Jordan, M. Goldfeld, G. Daud, and A. Eitan, “The laparoscopic approach to abdominal hydatid cysts: a prospective nonselective study using the isolated hypobaric technique,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 136, no. 7, pp. 789–795, 2001.