- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 693547, 4 pages
Primary Malignant Melanoma of the Gallbladder: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
1Department of General Surgery, Merkez Efendi State Hospital, 35630 Manisa, Turkey
2Department of General Surgery, Izmir University, Izmir, Turkey
3Department of Pathology, Merkez Efendi State Hospital, Manisa, Turkey
Received 11 August 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editors: D. Mantas, O. Olsha, M. Picchio, and M. Rangarajan
Copyright © 2012 Mehmet Fatih Haskaraca et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. S. Reintgen, W. Thompson, J. Garbutt, and H. F. Seigler, “Radiologic, endoscopic, and surgical considerations of melanoma metastatic to the gastrointestinal tract,” Surgery, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 635–639, 1984.
- C. H. Jones, “Malignant melanoma of the gall-bladder,” The Journal of pathology and bacteriology, vol. 81, pp. 423–430, 1961.
- T. Dasgupta and R. Brasfield, “Metastatic melanoma. A clinicopathological study,” Cancer, vol. 17, pp. 1323–1339, 1964.
- P. Cellerino, F. Corsi, E. Morandi, D. Foschi, and E. Trabucchi, “Metastatic melanoma of the gallbladder,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 815–816, 2000.
- E. G. Goldin, “Malignant melanoma metastatic to the gallbladder. Case report and review of the literature,” American Surgeon, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 369–373, 1990.
- C. M. Higgins and G. M. Strutton, “Malignant melanoma of the gall bladder—does primary melanoma exist?” Pathology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 312–314, 1995.
- M. K. Samplaski, E. L. Rosato, A. K. Witkiewicz, M. J. Mastrangelo, and A. C. Berger, “Malignant melanoma of the gallbladder: a report of two cases and review of the literature,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1123–1126, 2008.
- M. H. Seelig and K. Schönleben, “Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for a metastasis of a malignant melanoma in the gallbladder,” Zeitschrift fur Gastroenterologie, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 673–675, 1997.
- T. K. Dasgupta, R. D. Brasfield, and M. A. Paglia, “Primary melanomas in unusua sites,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 128, no. 4, pp. 841–848, 1969.
- D. I. Heath and C. Womack, “Primary malignant melanoma of the gall bladder,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1073–1077, 1988.
- X. D. Dong, P. Dematos, V. G. Prieto, and H. F. Seigler, “Melanoma of the gallbladder: a review of cases seen at Duke University Medical Center,” Cancer, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 32–39, 1999.
- S. Crippa, G. Bovo, F. Romano, C. Mussi, and F. Uggeri, “Melanoma metastatic to the gallbladder and small bowel: report of a case and review of the literature,” Melanoma Research, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 427–430, 2004.
- U. Marone, C. Caracò, S. Losito et al., “Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for melanoma metastatic to the gallbladder: is it an adequate surgical procedure? Report of a case and review of the literature,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 5, p. 141, 2007.
- J. L. Sierra Callejas and K. Warecka, “Primary malignant melanoma of the gallbladder,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 370, no. 3, pp. 233–238, 1976.
- S. C. Katz, W. B. Bowne, J. D. Wolchok, K. J. Busam, D. P. Jaques, and D. G. Coit, “Surgical management of melanoma of the gallbladder: a report of 13 cases and review of the literature,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 193, no. 4, pp. 493–497, 2007.
- J. L. Herrington, “Metastatic malignant melanoma of the gallbladder masquerading as cholelithiasis,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 676–678, 1965.
- A. L. Bundy and W. G. M. Ritchie, “Ultrasound diagnosis of metastatic melanoma of the gallbladder presenting as acute cholecystitis,” Journal of Clinical Ultrasound, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 285–287, 1982.
- N. Daunt and D. M. King, “Metastatic melanoma in the biliary tree,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 55, no. 659, pp. 873–874, 1982.
- B. J. Holloway and D. M. King, “Ultrasound diagnosis of metastatic melanoma of the gallbladder,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 70, pp. 1122–1125, 1997.
- A. G. Vesnin, I. I. Semenov, I. F. Negustorov, V. V. Anisimov, and E. A. Turkevich, “Ulrasound diagnosis of melanoma metastasis into the gallbladder,” Voprosy Onkologii, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 690–692, 1999.
- M. Guida, A. Cramarossa, A. Gentile et al., “Metastatic malignant melanoma of the gallbladder: a case report and review of the literature,” Melanoma Research, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 619–625, 2002.
- A. F. Velez, R. B. Penetrante, J. E. Spellman, A. Orozco, and C. P. Karakousis, “Malignant melanoma of the gallbladder: report of a case and review of the literature,” American Surgeon, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 1095–1098, 1995.
- U. Köhler, T. Jacobi, G. Sebastian, and M. Nagel, “Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in isolated metastasis of malignant melanoma to the gallbladder,” Chirurg, vol. 71, no. 12, pp. 1517–1520, 2000.
- J. Gogas, D. Mantas, H. Gogas, E. Kouskos, C. Markopoulos, and S. Vgenopoulou, “Metastatic melanoma in the gallbladder: report of a case,” Surgery Today, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 135–137, 2003.
- A. Seeber, M. Binder, A. Steiner, K. Wolff, and H. Pehamberger, “Treatment of metastatic malignant melanoma with dacarbazine plus fotemustine,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 34, no. 13, pp. 2129–2131, 1998.
- D. L. Bartlett, “Gallbladder cancer,” Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 19, pp. 145–155, 2000.