- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 829213, 3 pages
Angiosarcoma of the Right Atrium Presenting as Syncope and Hemorrhagic Pericardial Tamponade
1Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Medical Center, 1924 Alcoa Highway, Box U11, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
2Department of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Tennessee Medical Center, 1924 Alcoa Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Received 21 July 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Cho, C. Foroulis, and E. Xenos
Copyright © 2012 V. G. Sams et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Bouma, C. P. H. Lexis, T. P. Willems et al., “Successful surgical excision of primary right atrial angiosarcoma,” Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery, vol. 6, no. 1, article 47, 2011.
- Y. Gong, T. Hong, M. Chen, and Y. Huo, “A right heart angiosarcoma with rapidly progressing hemorrhagic pericardial effusion,” Internal Medicine, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 455–458, 2011.
- T. Uto, M. Bando, H. Yamauchi, et al., “Primary cardiac angiosarcoma of the right auricle with difficult-to-treat bilateral pleural effusion,” Internal Medicine, vol. 50, no. 20, pp. 2371–2374, 2011.
- M. P. Nath, N. Dhawan, S. Chauhan, and U. Kiran, “A large angiosarcoma of the right atrium: anaesthetic management,” Hellenic Journal of Cardiology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 273–277, 2011.
- E. Vautrin, G. Barone-Rochette, F. Thony et al., “Hemorrhagic tamponade due to cardiac angiosarcoma,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 103, no. 10, pp. 1055–1057, 2010.
- A. T. Timóteo, L. M. Branco, I. Bravio et al., “Primary angiosarcoma of the pericardium: case report and review of the literature,” Kardiologia Polska, vol. 68, no. 7, pp. 802–805, 2010.
- A. Murinello, P. Mendonça, A. Abreu et al., “Cardiac angiosarcoma—a review,” Revista Portuguesa de Cardiologia, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 577–584, 2007.
- J. B. Putnam, M. S. Sweeney, R. Colon, L. A. Lanza, O. H. Frazier, and D. A. Cooley, “Primary cardiac sarcomas,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 906–910, 1991.
- S. Chen, P. Hsien, L. Shih, et al., “Right atrial sangiosarcoma, rupture and tamponade,” Texas Heart Institute Journal, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 153–155, 2012.