- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 921382, 3 pages
Diagnosis of Appendicitis in Patients with Abnormal Position of the Appendix due to Mobile Caecum
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Bezmialem Vakif University, Adnan Menderes Bulvari, Vatan Caddesi, Fatih, 34093 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 18 September 2012; Accepted 23 October 2012
Academic Editors: D. J. Bentrem, R. Nascimbeni, and F. Turégano
Copyright © 2012 Huseyin Toprak et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. G. Makama, A. Ahmed, Y. Ukwenya, and I. Mohammed, “Mobile caecum and ascending colon syndrome in a Nigerian adult,” Annals of African Medicine, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 133–135, 2009.
- K. J. Printen, “Mobile cecal syndrome in the adult,” American Surgeon, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 204–205, 1976.
- R. L. Rogers and F. J. Harford, “Mobile cecum syndrome,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 399–402, 1984.
- Y. J. Lee, Y. A. Lee, T. J. Liu, and T. H. Chang, “Mobile cecum syndrome: a report of two cases.,” Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 380–383, 1996.
- N. Pirro, L. Corroller, C. Solari et al., “Cecal volvulus: anatomical bases and physiopathology,” Morphologie, vol. 90, no. 291, pp. 197–202, 2006.
- C. H. Wong, T. M. Trinh, A. N. Robbins, S. J. Rowen, and A. J. Cohen, “Diagnosis of appendicitis: Imaging findings in patients with atypical clinical features,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 161, no. 6, pp. 1199–1203, 1993.