- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 985454, 2 pages
Extreme Achalasia Presenting as Anorexia Nervosa
Division of Surgery, Stepping Hill Hospital, Poplar Gove, Hazel Grove, Stockport SK2 7JE, UK
Received 13 July 2012; Accepted 18 September 2012
Academic Editors: S. H. Ein, I. K. Komenaka, and Y. Rino
Copyright © 2012 P. J. Goldsmith and B. Decadt. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Stacher, A. Kiss, and S. Wiesnagrotzki, “Oesophageal and gastric motility disorders in patients categorised as having primary anorexia nervosa,” Gut, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1120–1126, 1986.
- G. Stacher, S. Wiesnagrotzki, and A. Kiss, “Symptoms of achalasia in young women mistaken as indicating primary anorexia nervosa,” Dysphagia, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 216–219, 1990.
- H. W. Hoek, “Incidence, prevalence and mortality of anorexia nervosa and other eating disorders,” Current Opinion in Psychiatry, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 389–394, 2006.
- D. C. Sadowski, F. Ackah, B. Jiang, and L. W. Svenson, “Achalasia: incidence, prevalence and survival. A population-based study,” Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. e256–e261, 2010.
- P. D. Duane, T. M. Magee, M. S. Alexander, R. V. Heatley, and M. S. Losowsky, “Oesophageal achalasia in adolescent women mistaken for anorexia nervosa,” British Medical Journal, vol. 305, no. 6844, p. 43, 1992.
- T. A. Woltman, C. A. Pellegrini, and B. K. Oelschlager, “Achalasia,” Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 483–493, 2005.
- S. A. Düzgün, M. Bozer, A. Coskun et al., “A simplified laparoscopic technique for enteral access in cancer patients,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 49, no. 46, pp. 1002–1005, 2002.