- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 256062, 2 pages
Obturator Hernia: A Rare Case of Acute Mechanical Intestinal Obstruction
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Recep Tayyip Erdogan University, 53100 Rize, Turkey
Received 5 March 2013; Accepted 13 April 2013
Academic Editors: S. Bhatt, T. Çolak, S. S. Daradkeh, K. W. Lobdell, M. L. Quek, and Y. Rino
Copyright © 2013 Ibrahim Aydin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. W. Ziegler and J. E. Rhoads Jr., “Obturator hernia needs a laparotomy, not a diagnosis,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 67–68, 1995.
- S. W. Gray, J. E. Skandalakis, R. E. Soria, and J. S. Rowe Jr., “Strangulated obturator hernia,” Surgery, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 20–27, 1974.
- R. Ijiri, H. Kanamaru, H. Yokoyama, M. Shirakawa, H. Hashimoto, and G. Yoshino, “Obturator hernia: the usefulness of computed tomography in diagnosis,” Surgery, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 137–140, 1996.
- C. H. Hsu, C. C. Wang, L. B. Jeng, and M. F. Chen, “Obturator hernia,” Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, vol. 167, no. 3, pp. 217–222, 1988.
- S. K. Dundamadappa, I. Y. Y. Tsou, and J. S. K. Goh, “Clinics in diagnostic imaging (107),” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 89–94, 2006.
- S. S. Chang, Y. S. Shan, Y. J. Lin, Y. S. Tai, and P. W. Lin, “A review of obturator hernia and a proposed algorithm for its diagnosis and treatment,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 450–454, 2005.
- C. Y. Lo, T. G. Lorentz, and P. W. K. Lau, “Obturator hernia presenting as small bowel obstruction,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 167, no. 4, pp. 396–398, 1994.
- M. Kammori, K. I. Mafune, T. Hirashima et al., “Forty-three cases of obturator hernia,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 187, no. 4, pp. 549–552, 2004.
- R. A. Sorabella, D. N. Miniati, and M. L. Brandt, “Laparoscopic obturator hernia repair in an adolescent,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. E39–E41, 2005.