- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 371264, 3 pages
Inferior Right Hepatic Vein: A Useful Anatomic Variation for Isolated Resection of Segment VIII
Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, Bonsucesso Federal Hospital—Health Ministry, Av. Londres, 616, prédio 3/2° andar, 21041-030 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Received 24 June 2013; Accepted 24 July 2013
Academic Editors: F. Catena, T. Çolak, and Y.-B. Tang
Copyright © 2013 Klaus Steinbrück et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Fang, J. You, W. Y. Lau et al., “Anatomical variations of hepatic veins: three-dimensional computed tomography scans of 200 subjects,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 36, pp. 120–124, 2012.
- T. Nakashima and M. Kojiro, “Pathologic characteristics of hepatocellular carcinoma,” Seminars in Liver Disease, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 259–266, 1986.
- A. Mazziotti, A. Maeda, G. Ercolani, M. Cescon, G. L. Grazi, and F. Pierangeli, “Isolated resection of segment 8 for liver tumors: a new approach for anatomical segmentectomy,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 135, no. 10, pp. 1224–1229, 2000.
- G. Torzilli, F. Procopio, A. Palmisano et al., “Total or partial anatomical resection of segment 8 using the ultrasound-guided finger compression technique,” HPB, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 586–591, 2011.
- J. Hu, W. Dai, X. Miao et al., “Anatomic resection of segment VIII of liver for hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patients based on an intrahepatic Glissonian approach,” Surgery, vol. 146, no. 5, pp. 854–860, 2009.
- M. A. C. Machado, P. Herman, F. F. Makdissi, E. R. R. Figueira, T. Bacchella, and M. C. C. Machado, “Feasibility of bisegmentectomy 7-8 is independent of the presence of a large inferior right hepatic vein,” Journal of surgical oncology, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 338–342, 2006.
- L. Capussotti, A. Ferrero, L. Viganò, R. Polastri, D. Ribero, and E. Berrino, “Hepatic bisegmentectomy 7-8 for a colorectal metastasis,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 469–471, 2006.
- J. S. Huang, W. D. Dai, X. Y. Miao, et al., “Null-margin bisegmentectomy VII-VIII for hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patients,” Hepatogastroenterology, vol. 59, pp. 1706–1709, 2012.