- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 679565, 3 pages
Surgical Resection of Ruptured Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma
1Department of Surgical Sciences, Organ Transplantation and Advanced Technologies, University of Catania, Via Santa Sofia 84, 95123 Catania , Italy
2Department of Surgery, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Avenue, Montreal, QC, H3A1A1, Canada
Received 27 April 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editors: J. M. Bernal, F. Marchal, M. Rangarajan, and Y.-B. Tang
Copyright © 2013 Vincenzo Minutolo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. N. Mavros, S. C. Mayo, O. Hyder, and T. M. Pawlik, “A systematic review: treatment and prognosis of patients with fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 215, pp. 820–830, 2012.
- F. Stipa, S. S. Yoon, K. H. Liau et al., “Outcome of patients with fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma,” Cancer, vol. 106, no. 6, pp. 1331–1338, 2006.
- N. Battula, M. Madanur, O. Priest et al., “Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma: a Western experience,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 164–167, 2009.
- Z. Qian, Y. Jianjun, A. Xianghua, C. Jie, and H. Liang, “Long-term survival for spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma treated with hepatectomy,” Journal of Medical Colleges of PLA, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 161–182, 2012.
- L. X. Zhu, X. P. Geng, and S. T. Fan, “Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma and vascular injury,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 136, no. 6, pp. 682–687, 2001.
- A. Chiappa, A. Zbar, R. A. Audisio, C. Paties, E. Bertani, and C. Staudacher, “Emergency liver resection for ruptured hepatocellular carcinoma complicating cirrhosis,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 46, no. 26, pp. 1145–1150, 1999.
- E. C. H. Lai and W. Y. Lau, “Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma: a systematic review,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 191–198, 2006.
- Q. Zhu, J. Li, J. Yan, L. Huang, M.-C. Wu, and Y.-Q. Yan, “Predictors and clinical outcomes for spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 18, no. 48, pp. 7302–7307, 2012.
- N. Bassi, E. Caratozzolo, L. Bonariol et al., “Management of ruptured hepatocellular carcinoma: implications for therapy,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 1221–1225, 2010.
- K.-C. Hsueh, H.-L. Fan, T.-W. Chen et al., “Management of spontaneously ruptured hepatocellular carcinoma and hemoperitoneum manifested as acute abdomen in the emergency room,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 36, pp. 2670–2676, 2012.
- V. Vergara, A. Muratore, H. Bouzari et al., “Spontaneous rupture of hepatocelluar carcinoma: surgical resection and long-term survival,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 770–772, 2000.
- C.-N. Yeh, W.-C. Lee, L.-B. Jeng, M.-F. Chen, and M.-C. Yu, “Spontaneous tumour rupture and prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1125–1129, 2002.