- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 709835, 3 pages
Unilateral Giant Varicocele Mimicking Inguinal Hernia Resulting from Portosystemic Shunt without Evidence of Portal Hypertension: An Unusual Case Report
Al Jahra Hospital, Ministry of Health, State of Kuwait, P.O. Box 40206, 01753 Safat, Kuwait
Received 5 January 2013; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editors: A. Cho, A. K. Karam, Y. Rino, and G. Sandblom
Copyright © 2013 Muhammed Zahir et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. T. Jenkins and P. J. O'Dwyer, “Inguinal hernias,” British Medical Journal, vol. 336, no. 7638, pp. 269–272, 2008.
- G. M. Pinggera, R. Herwig, L. Pallwein et al., “Isolated right-sided varicocele as a salvage pathway for portal hypertension,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 740–742, 2005.
- G. Yardy, A. Rafique, I. Sellers, L. Berman, and N. Bullock, “A varicocoele mimicking a hydrocoele in a man with portal hypertension: a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 2, article 363, 2008.
- J. Lee, S. Binsaleh, K. Lo, and K. Jarvi, “Varicoceles: the diagnostic dilemma,” Journal of Andrology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 143–146, 2008.
- P. R. Bhosale, M. Patnana, C. Viswanathan, and J. Szklaruk, “The inguinal canal: anatomy and imaging features of common and uncommon masses,” Radiographics, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 819–913, 2008.
- M. A. Bittles and E. K. Hoffer, “Gonadal vein fmbolization: treatment of varicocele and Pelvic Congestion syndrome,” Seminars in Interventional Radiology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 261–270, 2008.
- D. Y. Sze, J. S. Kao, J. K. Frisoli, S. W. McCallum, W. A. Kennedy, and M. K. Razavi, “Persistent and recurrent postsurgical varicoceles: venographic anatomy and treatment with N-butyl cyanoacrylate embolization,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 539–545, 2008.
- H. Schulte-Baukloh, J. Kämmer, R. Felfe, B. Stürzebecher, and H. H. Knispel, “Surgery is inadvisable: massive varicocele due to portal hypertension,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 852–854, 2005.