- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 906457, 3 pages
Visceral Myopathy Presenting as Acute Appendicitis and Ogilvie Syndrome
Department of Gastrointestinal-Colorectal Surgery, First Hospital of Jilin University, 71th Xin Min Street, Changchun, Jilin 130021, China
Received 22 February 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editors: P. De Nardi and M. Picchio
Copyright © 2013 Punyaram Kharbuja et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. W. Moore, J. W. Schneider, and R. D. C. Kaschula, “Non-familial visceral myopathy: clinical and pathologic features of degenerative leiomyopathy,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 6–12, 2002.
- S. Anuras, F. A. Mitros, and Milano, “A familial visceral myopathy with dilatation of the entire gastrointestinal tract,” Gastroenterology, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 385–390, 1986.
- F. A. Mitros, M. D. Schuffler, K. Teja, and S. Anuras, “Pathologic features of familial visceral myopathy,” Human Pathology, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 825–833, 1982.
- K. Pal, H. Moammar, and D. K. Mitra, “Visceral myopathy causing chronic intestinal pseudoobstruction and intestinal failure in a child with Sanjad-Sakati syndrome,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 430–434, 2010.
- J. Kim and N. Kim, “Intestinal pseudo-obstruction: initial manifestation of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 423–424, 2011.
- W. H. Ogilvie, “William Heneage Ogilvie 1887–1971. Large-intestine colic due to sympathetic deprivation. A new clinical syndrome,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 984–987, 1987.
- H. A. Pitt, L. L. Mann, and W. E. Berquist, “Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction. Management with total parenteral nutrition and a venting enterostomy,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 614–618, 1985.
- F. L. Connor and C. di Lorenzo, “Chronic intestinal pseudoobstruction: assessment and management,” Gastroenterology, vol. 130, supplement 2, pp. S29–S36, 2006.