- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 968394, 4 pages
Esophageal Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: Diagnostic Complexity and Management Pitfalls
1Second Department of Propedeutic Surgery, University of Athens, Medical School, “Laiko” General Hospital, Agiou Thoma 17,
11527 Athens, Greece
2First Department of Pathology, University of Athens, Medical School, 11527 Athens, Greece
Received 2 March 2013; Accepted 11 April 2013
Academic Editors: J. J. Andreasen and D. E. Jaroszewski
Copyright © 2013 Charalampos G. Markakis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. J. Lee, S. I. Park, D. K. Kim, and Y. H. Kim, “Surgical resection of esophageal gastrointestinal stromal tumors,” The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 1569–1571, 2009.
- B. H. A. Von Rahden, H. J. Stein, H. Feussner, and J. R. Siewert, “Enucleation of submucosal tumors of the esophagus: minimally invasive versus open approach,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 924–930, 2004.
- P. Jiang, Z. Jiao, B. Han et al., “Clinical characteristics and surgical treatment of oesophageal gastrointestinal stromal tumours,” European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 223–227, 2010.
- M. Miettinen, M. Sarlomo-Rikala, L. H. Sobin, and J. Lasota, “Esophageal stromal tumors: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic study of 17 cases and comparison with esophageal leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 211–222, 2000.
- M. G. Blum, K. Y. Bilimoria, J. D. Wayne, A. L. de Hoyos, M. S. Talamonti, and B. Adley, “Surgical considerations for the management and resection of esophageal gastrointestinal stromal tumors,” The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. 1717–1723, 2007.
- V. Bhatia, M. Tajika, and A. Rastogi, “Upper gastrointestinal submucosal lesions—clinical and endosonographic evaluation and management,” Tropical gastroenterology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 5–29, 2010.
- C. D. M. Fletcher, J. J. Berman, C. Corless, et al., “Diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors: a consensus approach,” Human Pathology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 459–465, 2002.
- P. Rutkowski, Z. I. Nowecki, W. Michej et al., “Risk criteria and prognostic factors for predicting recurrences after resection of primary gastrointestinal stromal tumor,” The Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 2018–2027, 2007.
- R. P. Dematteo, K. V. Ballman, C. R. Antonescu et al., “Adjuvant imatinib mesylate after resection of localised, primary gastrointestinal stromal tumour: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” The Lancet, vol. 373, no. 9669, pp. 1097–1104, 2009.