- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 972596, 4 pages
Stump Appendicitis: An Uncompleted Surgery, a Rare but Important Entity with Potential Problems
Northern Area Armed Forces Hospital, King Khalid Military City, Hafr Al-Batin 31991, Saudi Arabia
Received 17 February 2013; Accepted 19 March 2013
Academic Editors: D. J. Bentrem, C. Foroulis, and S. Tatebe
Copyright © 2013 J. A. A. Awe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. K. Cama, “Recurrent abdominal pain post appendectomy: a rare case,” Pacific Health Dialog, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 78–81, 2010.
- A. Subramanian and M. K. Liang, “A 60-year literature review of stump appendicitis: The need for a critical view,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 203, no. 4, pp. 503–507, 2012.
- M. K. Liang, H. G. Lo, and J. L. Marks, “Stump appendicitis: a comprehensive review of literature,” The American Surgeon, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 162–166, 2006.
- B. P. Watkins, S. N. Kothari, and J. Landercasper, “Stump appendicitis: case report and review,” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 167–171, 2004.
- S. K. Baek, M. S. Kim, Y. H. Kim, W. J. Chung, and J. H. Kwon, “A case of stump appendicitis after appendectomy,” The Korean Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 45–47, 2008.
- E. Bosma, J. A. Roukema, and M. H. J. Verhofstad, “Stump appendicitis after previous appendicectomy,” Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde, vol. 152, no. 19, pp. 1113–1116, 2008.
- M. Uludag, A. Isgor, and M. Basak, “Stump appendicitis is a rare delayed complication of appendectomy: a case report,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 33, pp. 5401–5403, 2006.
- B. M. Burt, P. J. Javid, and S. J. Ferzoco, “Stump appendicitis in a patient with prior appendectomy,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 2163–2164, 2005.
- M. J. Truty, J. M. Stulak, P. A. Utter, J. J. Solberg, and A. C. Degnim, “Appendicitis after appendectomy,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 143, no. 4, pp. 413–415, 2008.
- O. Bu-Ali, M. Al-Bashir, H. A. Samir, and F. M. Abu-Zidan, “Stump appendicitis after laparoscopic appendectomy: case report,” Ulusal Travma ve Acil Cerrahi Dergisi, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 267–268, 2011.
- M. Nielsen-Breining and T. Nordentoft, “Stump appendicitis after laparoscopic appendectomy,” Ugeskrift for Laeger, vol. 167, no. 19, pp. 2067–2068, 2005.
- S. Parameshwarappa, G. Rodrigues, R. Prabhu, and C. Sambhaji, “Stump appendicitis following laparoscopic appendectomy,” Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 112–114, 2011.
- D. C. A. Walsh and W. E. W. Roediger, “Stump appendicitis: a potential problem after laparoscopic appendicectomy,” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 357–358, 1997.
- S. A. Siegel, “Appendiceal stump abscess: a report of stump abscess twenty-three years postappendectomy,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 630–632, 1954.
- L. O. Baumgardner, “Rupture of appendiceal stump three months after uneventful appendicectomy with repair and recovery,” Ohio State Medical Journal, vol. 45, pp. 476–477, 1949.
- I. Ismail, D. Iusco, M. Jannaci et al., “Prompt recognition of stump appendicitis is important to avoid serious complications: a case report,” Cases Journal, vol. 2, no. 7, article 7415, 2009.
- K. E. Roberts, L. F. Starker, A. J. Duffy, and R. L. Bell, “Stump appendicitis: a surgeon's dilemma,” Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 373–378, 2011.
- G. Roche-Nagle, C. Gallagher, C. Kilgallen, and M. Caldwell, “Stump appendicitis: a rare but important entity,” Surgeon, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 53–54, 2005.
- D. R. Leff, M. R. Sait, M. Hanief, S. Salakianathan, A. W. Darzi, and R. Vashisht, “Inflammation of the residual appendix stump: a systematic review,” Colorectal Disease, no. 10, pp. 1463–1318, 2010.
- A. A. Mangi and D. L. Berger, “Stump appendicitis,” The American Surgeon, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. 739–741, 2000.
- N. Werbin, “Unfinished surgery,” Harefuah, vol. 144, no. 12, pp. 894–908, 2005.
- D. P. O'Leary, E. Myers, J. Coyle, and I. Wilson, “Case report of recurrent acute appendicitis in a residual tip,” Cases Journal, vol. 3, no. 1, article 14, 2010.
- P. J. Rosón Rodríguez, E. Victória Toscano Castilla, J. Cotta Rebollo, M. Lozano Lanagran, and M. C. Lopez Vega, “Appendicitis of the appendicular stump: apropos of a case propósito de un caso,” Gastroenterologia y Hepatologia, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 722–723, 2011.
- A. K. Al-Dabbagh, N. B. Thomas, and N. Haboubi, “Stump appendicitis: a diagnostic dilemma,” Techniques in Coloproctology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 73–74, 2009.
- F. Robledo-Ogazón, L. Bojalil-Durán, A. Vargas-Rivas, L. Torres-Vieyra, and Y. Valle-Carmona, “Appendiceal stump appendicitis: case report,” Cirugia y Cirujanos, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 311–314, 2005.
- J. Romesburg and K. Imam, “Stump appendicitis,” Applied Radiology, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 36–38, 2010.
- S. Belli, C. Yalçinkaya, A. Ezer, F. Bolat, T. Çolakoǧlu, and E. Şimşek, “Stump appendicitis and chorioamnionitis due to incomplete appendectomy: a case report,” Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 540–543, 2011.
- A. V. Durgun, B. Baca, Y. Ersoy, and M. Kapan, “Stump appendicitis and generalized peritonitis due to incomplete appendectomy,” Techniques in Coloproctology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 102–104, 2003.
- U. De and K. De Krishna, “Stump appendicitis,” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 102, no. 6, p. 329, 2004.
- X. B. Tang, R. B. Qu, Y. Z. Bai, and W. L. Wang, “Stump appendicitis in children,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 233–236, 2011.
- V. Z. Erzurum, K. Kasirajan, and M. Hashmi, “Stump appendicitis: a case report,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques A, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 389–391, 1997.
- M. T. Aschkenasy and F. J. Rybicki, “Acute appendicitis of the appendiceal stump,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 41–43, 2005.