- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Transplantation
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 512893, 5 pages
Late Renal Allograft Rupture Associated with Cessation of Immunosuppression following Graft Failure
1Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, King Abdulaziz Medical City, P.O. Box 22490, Riyadh 11426, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, King Abdulaziz Medical City, P.O. Box 22490, Riyadh 11426, Saudi Arabia
3King Abdullah International Medical Research Centre and College of Medicine, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, King Abdulaziz Medical City, P.O. Box 22490, Riyadh 11426, Saudi Arabia
4Department of Hepatobiliary Sciences and Liver Transplantation, King Abdulaziz Medical City, P.O. Box 22490, Riyadh 11426, Saudi Arabia
Received 9 September 2011; Accepted 11 October 2011
Academic Editors: A. Beiras-Fernandez and Y. Sugawara
Copyright © 2011 Sumayah Askandarani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Szenohradszky, G. Smehák, E. Szederkényi et al., “Renal allograft rupture: a clinicopathologic study of 37 nephrectomy cases in a series of 628 consecutive renal transplants,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 2107–2111, 1999.
- S. Guleria, R. K. Khazanchi, A. K. Dinda et al., “Spontaneous renal allograft rupture: is graft nephrectomy an option?” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 35, no. 1, p. 339, 2003.
- J. Vallejo Herrador, J. M. Rodriguez Luna, A. Fernandez Fernandez, T. Mayayo Dehesa, R. Marcen Letosa, and S. Berenguer Sanchez, “Graft fracture in kidney transplant our clinical experience,” Actas Urologicas Espanolas, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 252–255, 1989.
- H. Oesterwitz, V. Strobelt, G. May, et al., “Spontaneous kidney transplant rupture—effect of immunosuppressive therapy on incidence of rupture,” Zeitschrift für Urologie und Nephrologie, vol. 83, pp. 157–163, 1990.
- H. Shahrokh, H. Rasouli, M. A. Zargar, K. Karimi, and K. Zargar, “Spontaneous kidney allograft rupture,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 3079–3080, 2005.
- M. D. Garcia Sanchez De La Nieta, A. I. Sánchez-Fructuoso, R. Alcázar et al., “Higher graft salvage rate in renal allograft rupture associated with acute tubular necular,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 3016–3018, 2004.
- N. Busi, E. Capocasale, M. P. Mazzoni et al., “Spontaneous renal allograft rupture without acute rejection,” Acta Biomedica de l'Ateneo Parmense, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 131–136, 2004.
- O. Odocha, C. O. Callender, and W. Pinn-Wiggins, “Spontaneous rupture of the renal allograft,” Journal of the National Medical Association, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 171–174, 1991.
- Y. H. Chan, K. M. Wong, K. C. Lee, and C. S. Li, “Spontaneous renal allograft rupture attributed to acute tubular necrosis,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 355–358, 1999.
- J. R. Salaman, R. Y. Calne, J. Pena, R. A. Sells, H. J. White, and D. Yoffa, “Surgical aspects of clinical renal transplantation,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 413–417, 1969.
- A. S. Nikonenko, S. N. Zavgorodniĭ, A. A. Kovalev, and T. N. Nikonenko, “Surgical strategies in spontaneous rupture of renal allograft,” Klinicheskaya Khirurgiya, no. 1, pp. 37–39, 2002.
- C. Basaran, F. Y. Donmez, N. C. Tarhan, M. Coskun, and M. Haberal, “Multidetector computed tomography findings of spontaneous renal allograft ruptures,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 523–528, 2009.
- D. S. Finley and J. P. Roberts, “Frequent salvage of ruptured renal allografts: a large single center experience,” Clinical Transplantation, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 126–129, 2003.
- B. He, M. M. Rao, X. Han, X. Li, D. Guan, and J. Gao, “Surgical repair of spontaneous renal allograft rupture: a new procedure,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 381–383, 2003.
- A. H. Zakir, K. J. Woodside, E. C. Feliberti, S. Rajaraman, K. K. Gugliuzza, and J. A. Daller, “Late renal allograft rupture in a patient with small vessel vasculitis following discontinuation of immunosuppression,” Transplant International, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 761–764, 2003.
- P. J. Smak Gregoor, R. Zietse, J. L. C. M. Van Saase et al., “Immunosuppression should be stopped in patients with renal allograft failure,” Clinical Transplantation, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 397–401, 2001.
- P. Messa, C. Ponticelli, and L. Berardinelli, “Coming back to dialysis after kidney transplant failure,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 2738–2742, 2008.