- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Transplantation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 768193, 3 pages
Acute Pancreatitis after Kidney Transplantation
1Department of Nephrology, Dyalisis and Transplantation, Internal Medicine Hospital, University Clinical Center Tuzla, Trnovac bb, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia And Herzegovina
2Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Internal Medicine Hospital, University Clinical Center Tuzla, Trnovac bb, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia And Herzegovina
3Pulmonary Diseases Hospital, University Clinical Center Tuzla, Trnovac bb, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia And Herzegovina
Received 25 December 2011; Accepted 30 January 2012
Academic Editors: C. Costa, R. Grenda, and Y. Sato
Copyright © 2012 Mithat Tabakovic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. E. Starzl, Experience in Renal Transplantation, WB Saunders, 1964.
- M. Burnstein, D. Salter, C. Cardella, and H. S. Himal, “Necrotizing pancreatitis in renal transplant patients,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 547–549, 1982.
- P. Corrodi, M. Knoblauch, and U. Binswanger, “Pancreatitis after renal transplantation,” Gut, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 285–289, 1975.
- L. Fernandez-Cruz, E. M. Targarona, E. Cugat, A. Alcaraz, and F. Oppenheimer, “Acute pancreatitis after renal transplantation,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 76, no. 11, pp. 1132–1135, 1989.
- T. Kenmochi, T. Asano, H. Shimada, T. Ochiai, and K. Isono, “Clinical and experimental studies of acute pancreatitis after renal transplantation,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1578–1580, 1992.
- I. Penn, A. L. Durst, M. Machado et al., “Acute pancreatitis and hyperamylasemia in renal homograft recipients,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 167–172, 1972.
- D. P. Slakey, C. P. Johnson, D. J. Cziperle et al., “Management of severe pancreatitis in renal transplant recipients,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 225, no. 2, pp. 217–222, 1997.
- A. Sitges-Serra, P. Gores, and U. Hesse, “Serum calcium as an early indicator for surgical treatment of hyperparathyroidism after renal transplantation,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 661–667, 1986.
- J. Stephani, A. S. Akinli, G. Von Figura et al., “Acute pancreatitis in a patient with hypercalcemia due to tertiary hyperparathyroidism,” Zeitschrift fur Gastroenterologie, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1263–1266, 2011.
- S. Sinha, R. Jha, S. Lakhtakia, and G. Narayan, “Acute pancreatitis following kidney transplantation—role of viral infections,” Clinical Transplantation, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 32–36, 2003.
- K. Taylor, S. Sinha, A. Cowie, C. Babbs, R. Reeve, and P. A. Kalra, “Challenges in diagnosing acute pancreatitis in renal transplant patients,” Clinical Transplantation, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 985–989, 2009.
- C. M. Edwards, J. D. T. Morgan, J. V. T. Tilsed, and P. K. Donnelly, “Impaired acute phase response: a risk factor for life-threatening posttransplant pancreatitis?” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 24, no. 6, p. 2769, 1992.
- B. M. Elicker, Y. S. Cypel, and J. C. Weinreb, “IV contrast administration for CT: a survey of practices for the screening prevention of contrast nephropathy,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 186, no. 6, pp. 1651–1658, 2006.