- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Transplantation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 905743, 6 pages
A Single Lung Transplant in a Patient with Fabry Disease: Causality or Far-Fetched? A Case Report
1Department of Medicine III, Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20,
1090 Vienna, Austria
2Department of Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
3Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
4Department of Medicine II, Division of Cardiology, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
5Institute of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
6Department of Laboratory Medicine, Laboratory for Molecular Diagnostics, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
7Deparment of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Received 15 January 2013; Accepted 16 February 2013
Academic Editors: P. A. Andrews and D. Conti
Copyright © 2013 Martina Gaggl et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. T. R. Clarke, “Narrative review: Fabry disease,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 146, no. 6, pp. 425–433, 2007.
- S. Magage, J. C. Lubanda, Z. Susa et al., “Natural history of the respiratory involvement in Anderson-Fabry disease,” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 790–799, 2007.
- G. Bierer, N. Kamangar, D. Balte, W. R. Wilcox, and Z. Mosenifar, “Cardiopulmonary exercise testing in Fabry disease,” Respiration, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 504–511, 2005.
- L. K. Brown, A. Miller, A. Bhuptani et al., “Pulmonary involvement in Fabry disease,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 155, no. 3, pp. 1004–1010, 1997.
- J. W. Koskenvuo, I. M. Kantola, P. Nuutila et al., “Cardiopulmonary involvement in Fabry's disease,” Acta Cardiologica, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 185–192, 2010.
- A. Linhart, C. Kampmann, J. L. Zamorano et al., “Cardiac manifestations of Anderson-Fabry disease: results from the international Fabry outcome survey,” European Heart Journal, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1228–1235, 2007.
- T. Shah, J. Gill, N. Malhotra, S. K. Takemoto, and S. Bunnapradist, “Kidney transplant outcomes in patients with Fabry disease,” Transplantation, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 280–285, 2009.
- A. Karras, P. De Lentdecker, M. Delahousse et al., “Combined heart and kidney transplantation in a patient with Fabry disease in the enzyme replacement therapy era,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1345–1348, 2008.
- C. M. Eng, D. J. Niehaus, A. L. Enriquez, T. S. Burgert, M. D. Ludman, and R. J. Desnick, “Fabry disease: twenty-three mutations including sense and antisense CpG alterations and identification of a deletional hot-spot in the α-galactosidase A gene,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 1795–1799, 1994.
- D. P. Puliyanda, W. R. Wilcox, S. Bunnapradist, C. C. Nast, and S. C. Jordan, “Fabry disease in a renal allograft,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1030–1032, 2003.
- N. Basic-Jukic, M. Coric, P. Kes, L. J. Bubic-Filipi, J. Pasini, and I. Mokos, “Anderson-Fabry disease in kidneys from deceased donor,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 2829–2833, 2007.
- A. Mehta, R. Ricci, U. Widmer et al., “Fabry disease defined: baseline clinical manifestations of 366 patients in the Fabry Outcome Survey,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 236–242, 2004.
- C. M. Eng, J. Fletcher, W. R. Wilcox et al., “Fabry disease: baseline medical characteristics of a cohort of 1765 males and females in the Fabry Registry,” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 184–192, 2007.
- M. Elleder, “Subcellular, cellular and organ pathology; 3.4.6. pathology of the lung,” in Fabry Disease, D. Elstein, G. Altarescu, and M. Beck, Eds., pp. 66–67, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- G. Bierer, D. Balfe, W. R. Wilcox, and Z. Mosenifar, “Improvement in serial cardiopulmonary exercise testing following enzyme replacement therapy in Fabry disease,” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 572–579, 2006.
- A. Mehta, J. T. R. Clarke, R. Giugliani et al., “Natural course of Fabry disease: changing pattern of causes of death in FOS—Fabry Outcome Survey,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 548–552, 2009.
- R. Y. Wang, J. T. Abe, A. H. Cohen, et al., “Enzyme replacement therapy stabilizes obstructive pulmonary Fabry disease associated with respiratory globotriaosylceramide storage,” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, vol. 31, no. 2, supplement, pp. 369–374, 2008.
- W. Kim, R. E. Pyeritz, B. A. Bernhardt, M. Casey, and H. I. Litt, “Pulmonary manifestations of Fabry disease and positive response to enzyme replacement therapy,” American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A, vol. 143, no. 4, pp. 377–381, 2007.
- T. P. Mechtler, S. Stary, T. F. Metz, et al., “Neonatal screening for lysosomal storage disorders: feasibility and incidence from a nationwide study in Austria,” Lancet, vol. 379, no. 9813, pp. 335–341, 2012.
- S. Ishii, H. Sakuraba, and Y. Suzuki, “Point mutations in the upstream region of the α-galactosidase A gene exon 6 in an atypical variant of Fabry disease,” Human Genetics, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 29–32, 1992.