- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Transplantation
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 561506, 4 pages
Torsion of the Retroperitoneal Kidney: Uncommon or Underreported?
1Medstar Georgetown Transplant Institute, Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW, Main Hospital Building, Second Floor, Washington, DC 20007, USA
2Georgetown University School of Medicine, Medical Dental Building, 3900 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Received 29 September 2013; Accepted 28 October 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editors: D. Conti and M. Klinger
Copyright © 2014 Michael Sosin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Dimitroulis, J. Bokos, G. Zavos et al., “Vascular complications in renal transplantation: a single-center experience in 1367 renal transplantations and review of the literature,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1609–1614, 2009.
- H. Karakayah, O. Basaran, G. Moray, R. Emiroglu, and M. Haberal, “Major postoperative complications of renal transplantation: results from a single center in Turkey,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 2657–2659, 2003.
- T. Sutherland, F. Temple, S. Chang, O. Hennessy, and W.-K. Lee, “Sonographic evaluation of renal transplant complications,” Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 211–218, 2010.
- P. Rodrigues, F. Hering, and A. Gil, “A well-documented case of chronic renal failure due to misplacement of the transplanted kidney,” Clinics, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 147–148, 2008.
- Z. Zilinska, M. Chrastina, B. Trebaticky et al., “Vascular complications after renal transplantation,” Bratislava Medical Journal, vol. 111, no. 11, pp. 586–589, 2010.
- M. M. Ozmen, I. Bilgic, I. Ziraman, and M. Koc, “Torsion of extraperitoneally transplanted kidney: an unusual complication,” Experimental and Clinical Transplantation, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 186–190, 2013.
- T. C. Winter, A. L. Clarke, and J. Campsen, “Acute torsion of a retroperitoneal renal transplant mimicking renal vein thrombosis,” Ultrasound Quarterly, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 203–204, 2013.
- A. Lucewicz, A. Isaacs, R. D. M. Allen, V. W. T. Lam, S. Angelides, and H. C. C. Pleass, “Torsion of intraperitoneal kidney transplant,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 299–302, 2012.
- L. Badet, P. Petruzzo, N. Lefrancois, M. Colombel, H. Fassi-Fehri, and X. Martin, “Torsion of the renal pedicle due to rotation of the kidney after simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplantation,” Progres en Urologie, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 675–678, 2003.
- R. G. Marvin, G. A. Halff, and I. Elshihabi, “Renal allograft torsion associated with prune-belly syndrome,” Pediatric Nephrology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 81–82, 1995.
- P. L. Abbitt, R. L. Chevalier, B. M. Rodgers, and S. S. Howards, “Acute torsion of a renal transplant: cause of organ loss,” Pediatric Nephrology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 174–175, 1990.
- A. M. Roza, C. P. Johnson, and M. Adams, “Acute torsion of the renal transplant after combined kidney-pancreas transplant,” Transplantation, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 486–488, 1999.
- M. S. West, R. B. Stevens, P. Metrakos et al., “Renal pedicle torsion after simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplantation,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 187, no. 1, pp. 80–87, 1998.
- A. M. Palestrant and W. C. DeWolf, “The pseudostricture of transplant ureteral torsion,” Radiology, vol. 145, no. 1, pp. 49–50, 1982.
- P. Modi, B. Pal, J. Modi, et al., “Retroperitoneoscopic living-donor nephrectomy and laparoscopic kidney transplantation: experience of initial 72 cases,” Transplantation, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 100–105, 2013.
- S. Nangia and E. R. Saad, “Torsion of renal transplant 10 years after simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplantation: imaging as a diagnostic tool,” Transplantation, vol. 87, no. 10, p. 1590, 2009.
- J. J. Wong-You-Cheong, K. Grumbach, T. L. Krebs et al., “Torsion of intraperitoneal renal transplants: imaging appearances,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 171, no. 5, pp. 1355–1359, 1998.
- B. G. Dammeier, A. Lehnhardt, S. Glüer, G. Offner, B. Nashan, and B. M. Ure, “Laparoscopic fenestration of posttransplant lymphoceles in children,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1230–1232, 2004.
- M. R. Zaontz and C. F. Firlit, “Pelvic lymphocele after pediatric renal transplantation: a successful technique for prevention,” Journal of Urology, vol. 139, no. 3, pp. 557–559, 1988.
- T. Syversveen, K. Midtvedt, K. Brabrand, O. Øyen, A. Foss, and T. Scholz, “Prophylactic peritoneal fenestration to prevent morbidity after kidney transplantation: a randomized study,” Transplantation, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 196–202, 2011.
- C. Troppmann, K. J. Gillingham, E. Benedetti et al., “Delayed graft function, acute rejection, and outcome after cadaver renal transplantation: a multivariate analysis,” Transplantation, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 962–968, 1995.
- B. L. Kasiske, M. G. Zeier, J. R. Chapman et al., “KDIGO clinical practice guideline for the care of kidney transplant recipients: a summary,” Kidney International, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 299–311, 2010.
- H. M. Kauffman, M. A. McBride, W. S. Cherikh, P. C. Spain, W. H. Marks, and A. M. Roza, “Transplant tumor registry: donor related malignancies,” Transplantation, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 358–362, 2002.