- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 134358, 3 pages
Self-Inflicted Urethrovesical Foreign Bodies in Children
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, İnönü University, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 12 July 2012
Academic Editors: A. Goel and A. Marte
Copyright © 2012 Canan Ceran and Sema Uguralp. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Z. Moskalenko, V. K. Litovka, I. P. Zhurilo, V. N. Mal'tsev, and K. V. Latyshev, “Foreign body of bladder in children,” Klinicheskaya Khirurgiya, no. 4, pp. 43–45, 2002.
- A. van Ophoven and J. B. DeKernion, “Clinical management of foreign bodies of the genitourinary tract,” Journal of Urology, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 274–287, 2000.
- T. Sukkarieh, M. Smaldone, and B. Shah, “Multiple foreign bodies in the anterior and posterior urethra,” International Brazilian Journal of Urology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 219–220, 2004.
- L. Rajesh, A. Kader, and V. B. B, “Unusual foreign body in the male urethra,” Indian Pediatrics, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 450–452, 2000.
- M. Rafique, “Case report: an unusual intravesical foreign body: cause of recurrent urinary tract infections,” International Urology and Nephrology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 205–206, 2002.
- M. Barzilai, I. Cohen, and A. Stein, “Sonographic detection of a foreign body in the urethra and urinary bladder,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 178–180, 2000.
- N. U. Rahman, S. P. Elliott, and J. W. McAninch, “Self-inflicted male urethral foreign body insertion: endoscopic management and complications,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 94, no. 7, pp. 1051–1053, 2004.
- K. A. R. Hutton and S. N. Huddart, “Percutaneous retrieval of an intravesical foreign body using direct transurethral visualization: a technique applicable to small children,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 337–338, 1999.
- S. Sivaloganathan, “Catheteroticum. Fatal late complication following autoerotic practice,” American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 340–342, 1985.
- A. Wyman and R. B. Kinder, “Squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder associated with intrapelvic foreign bodies,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 61, no. 5, p. 460, 1988.
- H. Bulow, “Juvenile urologic foreign body extraction,” Fortschritte der Medizin, vol. 98, no. 18, pp. 687–689, 1980.