- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 576519, 3 pages
Intravesical Instillation of Mitomycin C: A Cause of Delayed Bladder Perforation?
Department of Urology, Whittington Health, Magdala Avenue, London N19 5NF, UK
Received 3 November 2012; Accepted 16 December 2012
Academic Editors: S. K. Hong, R. Jayadevappa, and M. Perachino
Copyright © 2012 Marta Penna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. J. Sylvester, W. Oosterlinck, and A. P. M. van der Meijden, “A single immediate postoperative instillation of chemotherapy decreases the risk of recurrence in patients with stage Ta T1 bladder cancer: a meta-analysis of published results of randomized clinical trials,” Journal of Urology, vol. 171, no. 6 I, pp. 2186–2190, 2004.
- M. D. Balbay, E. Cimentepe, A. Unsal, O. Bayrak, A. Koç, and Z. Akbulut, “The actual incidence of bladder perforation following transurethral bladder surgery,” Journal of Urology, vol. 174, no. 6, pp. 2260–2262, 2005.
- S. Golan, J. Baniel, D. Lask, P. M. Livne, and O. Yossepowitch, “Transurethral resection of bladder tumour complicated by perforation requiring open surgical repair—clinical characteristics and oncological outcomes,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 107, no. 7, pp. 1065–1068, 2011.
- A. P. Doherty, N. Trendell-Smith, R. Stirling, H. Rogers, and J. Bellringer, “Perivesical fat necrosis after adjuvant intravesical chemotherapy,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 420–423, 1999.
- D. Lim, J. I. Izawa, P. Middlebrook, and J. L. Chin, “Bladder perforation after immediate postoperative intravesical instillation of mitomycin C,” Canadian Urological Association Journal, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. E1–E3, 2010.
- S. I. Tyritzis, K. G. Stravodimos, A. Mihalakis, and C. A. Constantinides, “Complications associated with primary and secondary perforation of the bladder following immediate instillations of epirubicin after transurethral resection of superficial urothelial tumours,” International Urology and Nephrology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 865–868, 2009.
- D. Michielson, J. J. Amy, D. Coomans, G. Storme, and J. J. Wyndaele, “Mitomycin C and epirubicin: functional bladder damage in rats after repeat intravesical instillations,” Journal of Urology, vol. 173, no. 6, pp. 2166–2170, 2005.
- J. G. Post, J. A. M. te Poele, Y. Oussoren, and F. A. Stewart, “Bladder damage in mice after single and repeated intravesical instillations of mitomycin C or doxorubicin,” Journal of Urology, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 1965–1969, 1993.