- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 192960, 4 pages
Diphallia with Associated Anomalies: A Case Report and Literature Review
1Department of Urology, Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital, Jl. Diponegoro No. 71, Jakarta 10430, Indonesia
2Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Gatot Subroto Army Hospital, Jakarta 10410, Indonesia
Received 30 July 2013; Accepted 11 November 2013
Academic Editors: S.-S. Chen, P. H. Chiang, A. Goel, A. Greenstein, S. K. Hong, and A. A. Rodrigues
Copyright © 2013 Pande Made Wisnu Tirtayasa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. S. Bhat, S. Sukumar, T. B. Nair, and C. S. M. Saheed, “Successful surgical correction of true diphallia, scrotal duplication, and associated hypospadias,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. e13–e14, 2006.
- S. Priyadarshi, “Diphallus with ectopic bowel segment: a case report,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 681–683, 2005.
- K. Gyftopoulos, K. P. Wolffenbuttel, and R. J. M. Nijman, “Clinical and embryologic aspects of penile duplication and associated anomalies,” Urology, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 675–679, 2002.
- S. Acimi, “Complete diphallia,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 446–447, 2004.
- M. E. Torres, P. J. C. Sanchez, T. A. Aragon, T. V. Camacho, and G. A. Colorado, “Diphalia,” Revista Mexicana de Urología, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 32–35, 2009.
- M. C. de Oliveira, R. Ramires, J. Soares, A. P. Carvalho, and F. Marcelo, “Surgical treatment of penile duplication,” Journal of Pediatric Urology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 257-e1–257-e3, 2010.
- A. Tepeler, M. A. Karadaǧ, Ü. Özkuvanci, E. Sari, Y. Berberoǧlu, and A. Y. Müslümanoǧlu, “Complete diphallus in a 14-year-old boy,” Marmara Medical Journal, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 190–192, 2007.
- N. Kella, S. A. B. Memon, and A. Qureshi, “Urogenital anomalies associated with anorectal malformation in children,” World Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 151–154, 2006.
- A. Mirshemirani, J. Ghorobi, M. Roozroukh, S. Sadeghiyan, and J. Kouranloo, “Urogenital tract abnormalities associated with congenital anorectal malformations,” Iranian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 171–174, 2008.
- A.-R. Mirshemirani, N. Sadeghyian, L. Mohajerzadeh, H. Molayee, and P. Ghaffari, “Diphallus: report on six cases and review of the literature,” Iranian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 353–357, 2010.
- V. Srivastava, A. K. Ray, R. Patra, K. Saha Basu, N. Samanta, and K. Saha, “Urogenital anomalies associated with anorectal malformation,” Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 44–47, 2005.
- A. M. Coker, M. J. Allshouse, and M. A. Koyle, “Complete duplication of bladder and urethra in a sagittal plane in a male infant: case report and literature review,” Journal of Pediatric Urology, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 255–259, 2008.
- G. F. D’costa, J. Kirtane, S. Najmi, and R. Shedge, “Caudal duplication,” Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 529–531, 2008.
- G. Varga and D. Pacík, “Complete duplication of the urinary bladder and the urethra in a woman—a case report with a review of articles,” Scripta Medica, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 115–122, 2009.
- R. Mukunda, P. S. Bendre, R. G. Redkar, and S. Hambarde, “Diphallus with anorectal malformation-case report,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 632–634, 2010.
- Y. K. Sarin, V. Manchanda, A. Sharma, and A. Singhal, “Triplication of colon with diphallus and complete duplication of bladder and urethra,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1924–1926, 2006.
- M. L. Djordjevic and S. V. Perovic, “Complex penile joining in a case of wide penile duplication,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 587–588, 2005.
- M. Ghafoori, P. Varedi, and S. J. Hosseini, “MRI in the diagnosis of diphallia,” Pediatric Radiology, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1298–1300, 2007.
- J. M. Aparicio-Rodríguez, F. Cuellar-López, M. L. Hurtado-Hernández et al., “Disorders of sexual development in genetic pediatrics: three different ambiguous genitalia cases report from hospital Para el Nino Poblano, Mexico,” International Journal of Genetics and Molecular Biology, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 207–216, 2010.
- V. C. Varghese and T. U. Sukumaran, “Penile duplication,” Indian Pediatrics, vol. 41, no. 11, p. 1166, 2004.
- H. Erdil, A. Mavi, S. Erdil, and E. Gumusburun, “Urethral duplication,” Acta Medica Okayama, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 91–93, 2003.
- M. M. Aboodi and H. A. Al-Jadeed, “Accessory pseudophallus with accessory pseudoscrotum detected during antenatal sonographic scanning,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1163–1166, 2005.
- A. Mirshemirani, F. Roshanzamir, S. Shayeghi, and L. Mohajerzadeh, “Diphallus with imperforate anus and complete duplication of recto-sigmoid colon and lower urinary tract,” Iran Journal of Pediatric, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 229–232, 2010.
- S. Perovic, M. Djordjevic, R. Brdar, and S. Ducic, “Penile duplication with long distance: joining with successful outcome,” European Urology Supplements, vol. 2, no. 1, p. 209, 2003.